You are not connected. Please login or register

No male role model for women?

+2
Bernard Marx
Pepsi Maxil
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1No male role model for women? Empty No male role model for women? 12th September 2019, 7:54 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I remember hearing a lot about a female Doctor being a role model for men and  young girls. Many remarked that the Doctor would now be a role model for women at long last. The thing that annoys me about all of this is the implication that women can not or should not have male role models and will only see a female figure as someone to look up to. If that's the case, then why is it so important for men to have a female role model?

2No male role model for women? Empty Re: No male role model for women? 12th September 2019, 8:12 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

That’s always perplexed me too. Kathleen Kennedy used the same philosophy concerning Rey and female characters in Star Wars. It comes across as prejudiced towards both sexes, frankly- it implies that women can’t relate to any role models in fiction if they aren’t of equal sex (suggestive that women are shallow), and also implies an inherent dislike of men due to having the desire to strip them of role models of their own sex. It inadvertently affirms that both sexes are weak and superficial, and ultimately makes fuck all sense. People can relate to characters regardless of sex- it’s how the script depicts them, and how said characters react to and experience their own journeys. It just proves that today’s entertainment industry doesn’t have a fucking clue.

3No male role model for women? Empty Re: No male role model for women? 12th September 2019, 9:20 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Its ridiculous and exposes their anti men agenda.

As I have said a gazillion times before SJWs don't care about female heroes or role models. All they care about is taking them away from men, or undermining men.

That's why there are so many double standards. White washing is awful, but changing a characters sex, or turning a white character black, even if its a historical figure is great?

Similarly its awful if boys don't look up to Jodie just because she's not like them, but if a little girl is more excited at the Doctor looking like her, then it trends on twitter as a heart warming moment. 

Its not about equality, its just about what way they can kick men in the teeth.

You can tell by how the fact that these AWFUL female versions of male led properties are the only female heroes that SJWs talk about.

Why would anyone who actually loves interesting female characters prefer Jodie's Doctor, even without the baggage to characters like Xena, or Buffy? Similarly compare Ghostbusters to say The Heroic Trio. Which one has better female characters?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL 

See what I mean? Why do these people who are so obsessed with strong women prefer these AWFUL almost caricatures of female heroes? Simple because Xena and the Heroic Trio don't allow them to take roles away from guys or insult them like Batwahman, Soy Wars and New Poo and that's all they are really interested in.

Sadly as a result of pandering to these cunts, the quality of male and female heroes has gone down. Male heroes are cucks, and female heroes are bitter man haters with no personality's beyond that.

4No male role model for women? Empty Re: No male role model for women? 12th September 2019, 9:40 pm

iank

iank

Because they're hypocrites suffering from a terminal case of double standards, cognitive dissonance and "one rule for you, another for us".

CUNTS, in other words.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5No male role model for women? Empty Re: No male role model for women? 13th September 2019, 12:01 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

It seems odd that fiction is obliged to supply role models in general.

A role model is supposed to be an ideal. A well written character more often won't be a great role model because they're supposed to be flawed.

Still, fiction dominates our lives in an unprecedented way - people actually do look to fictional characters to guide their behaviour and character.

So a good, well-written, role model would probably be one with only minor flaws. The Doctor is a fair example.

At the same time, for male characters the 'anti-hero' is the fashion these days. They're largely respectable on the one hand, on the other they're a serial cheater, drug addict, even a serial murderer. Great characters ... but not exactly role models.

I honestly can't think of the last male character I took to that would actually be a good role model.

There's probably plenty in kid's TV but surely they're watching the good drama like the rest of us.

Women honestly have many examples of good role models. Basically every work has a 'strong female character' who's good at everything whilst also being morally flawless. Shit writing but good role models.

6No male role model for women? Empty Re: No male role model for women? 14th September 2019, 8:33 am

Ludders

Ludders

^
This.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum