You are not connected. Please login or register

Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on?

+7
Pepsi Maxil
Mott1
REDACTED
Boofer
burrunjor
stengos
Ludders
11 posters

Less polls/lists?

Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_lcap20%Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_lcap40%Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_rcap 40% [ 4 ]
Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_lcap10%Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_lcap10%Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_lcap20%Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? I_vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ve made quite a few lately (primarily for fun), though I’m starting to adopt the vibe that they’re getting a little tiresome and irksome to some members. Should I stop making them?

Ludders

Ludders

Do whatever you want. If people want to join in, they will. If they don't, well they don't have to.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:Do whatever you want. If people want to join in, they will. If they don't, well they don't have to.
True- I was mainly wondering if most here were sick of them or not. I’d rather not plunge the forum into inexorable drudgery if so. But thanks for the response.

Ludders

Ludders

Speaking for myself, I'm not sick of them, so I voted 'No'.
Bring 'em on. Big Grin

stengos

stengos

I voted "No". I enjoy them although i try not to do ones which involve negative comparisons between all of the classic series Doctors (e.g., 1 to Cool in one poll. That said i may not have been 100% consistent in applying that "rule".

Otherwise i think i have done all of the ones you have done so far. Sometimes it feels like i am resitting my "A" levels but its always good fun! Please keep carry on if you are happy to do so.

Very Happy

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ve concluded that I’ll make more of them, albeit not necessarily as frequently (just to make it seem a little less over the top). I’ve thoroughly enjoyed posting and engaging in proper discussion with members here, and so will keep posting on other threads, regardless.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Nope. Its revived discussion in this place, and also its nice to have a bit more discussion about the merits of True Who rather than just always ripping on the shitty spin off series.

I know I'm one to talk as I am possibly the most angry with New Who here LOL, but still .

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

burrunjor wrote:Nope. Its revived discussion in this place, and also its nice to have a bit more discussion about the merits of True Who rather than just always ripping on the shitty spin off series.

I know I'm one to talk as I am possibly the most angry with New Who here LOL,  but still .
I’ve done my fair share of New Who bashing, but yeah. I’m glad I’ve restored a little bit of optimistic discussion here, and it’s always best to look to the more enviable past rather than the depressing present from time to time.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I love polls and lists! Keep them going!

Boofer

Boofer

I've always been of the opinion that most polls suck. Even more so when they dominate the latest threads.

It's tradition for me to moan about them

That and the stupid acronyms for NuWho episodes which imply you've spent endless hours talking about them (despite claiming to hate them.)

Fucking polls.

Boofer

Boofer

burrunjor wrote:Nope. Its revived discussion in this place, and also its nice to have a bit more discussion about the merits of True Who rather than just always ripping on the shitty spin off series.

Did you get to the bottom of the shaft without choking?

REDACTED

Nice to see that the spirit of Levine has left Boofer. Wink

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

OK- based on these responses, these polls are bound to piss off one particular Hive member, and so should at least be kept in check to some extent. Although I presume Boofer isn’t against the idea of threads that provoke actual discussion, as polls tend to be quite one sided in their aims and intentions, hence why they can become an irritance.

I’ll make the occasional poll now and again, though I wonder if making more open ended threads which actually propose a hypothesis, idea or question would be more interesting (it would certainly be less formulaic). They seem to have more longevity on the forum as well, and, as Burrunjor alludes to, revive discussion to a greater extent. Polls can get pretty dull when a particular formula can be found in them, and such formulas generally reduce genuine discussion (this is the case with lists as well). If the forum is to remain active, surely it has to branch out and discuss things in a more nuanced manner than is usually endorsed by polls, which tend to elicit binary responses by design.

Still, at least I now know what the subtext was behind the Bernard Marx poll. Smile

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Boofer wrote:I've always been of the opinion that most polls suck. Even more so when they dominate the latest threads.

It's tradition for me to moan about them

That and the stupid acronyms for NuWho episodes which imply you've spent endless hours talking about them (despite claiming to hate them.)

Fucking polls.

The next time I see you in Sainsbury's I'm going to shove my fist up your bottom in front of everyone. I will make sure my knuckles are covered in red pepper hummus.

Mott1

Mott1

It makes little difference - the next influx of Hive members will only come in and do all the same lists, polls and acronyms again. It's a bit like the eternal loop in Meglos. I dread to think how many times Boofer's been through it now!

PS I voted for Bernard Marx.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I quite enjoy participating in them myself.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Mott1 wrote:It makes little difference - the next influx of Hive members will only come in and do all the same lists, polls and acronyms again. It's a bit like the eternal loop in Meglos. I dread to think how many times Boofer's been through it now!

PS I voted for Bernard Marx.
If he’s been a member since the beginning, I now completely understand his frustration with my shitty and inherently boring polls. It must be the most monotonous experience imaginable.

iank

iank

I am nerd. I like lists.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

FINALLY. A poll about whether or not there should be polls. I think the Hive has just peaked.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Should I make fewer polls and/or lists from now on? 32238610

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum