You are not connected. Please login or register

When did you first realise New Who wasn’t what you hoped it’d be?

+6
ClockworkOcean
Tanmann
Kaijuko
burrunjor
Doctor7
stengos
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I certainly did feel like I was suffering battered wife syndrome with the show a few times.

Ludders

Ludders

Tanmann wrote:Yeah. I certainly did feel like I was suffering battered wife syndrome a few times.

Sorry, your post came up as I was replying to Bernard, but it's probably equally applicable. Big Grin

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Fair enough.

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

I can't imagine why anyone would be even slightly tempted to subject themselves another second of the Chibnall/Whittaker abomination. It's utterly unwatchable, so atrociously written and acted that merely associating it with the name would threaten to compromise my love of the original show, something not even the dregs of the Capaldi era managed.

Ludders

Ludders

Wow, now I'm really tempted. 😂

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

ClockworkOcean wrote:I can't imagine why anyone would be even slightly tempted to subject themselves another second of the Chibnall/Whittaker abomination. It's utterly unwatchable, so atrociously written and acted that merely associating it with the name would threaten to compromise my love of the original show, something not even the dregs of the Capaldi era managed.
Seconded. I could find nary a redeeming quality at all in the five episodes I watched.

Ludders

Ludders

I'm a bit out of touch with how the show is doing.
Is it still popular in the ratings? Does it get good reviews in the media?

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:I'm a bit out of touch with how the show is doing.
Series 11 got decent ratings to start with, though dipped to 5.15 million views for the New Year’s special (only 0.15 million more than Survival: Part Three). And the critics and biased media seem to like it, though audiences are finally turning away, it seems. For context, here’s the Rotten Tomatoes arrogate scores:
Critics: 91%
Audiences: 21%
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/doctor_who/s11
Although RT have now started bashing certain eras of the Classic series as well (with Troughton’s first year only getting 50%).
The IMDb scores are awful as well:
https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0436992/episodes/?season=11
Though IMDb loves the RTD era, so this is really saying something.

Ludders

Ludders

Thanks for that. I was curious how it's being perceived these days, but too lazy to do it myself. Lol

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:Thanks for that. I was curious how it's being perceived these days, but too lazy to do it myself. Lol
That’s OK. It’s not really worth anyone’s attention anyway. I guess I really am masochistic in bothering to go near this crap LOL

Ludders

Ludders

Ah no worries. I'm probably gonna end up having a look just to satisfy the car crash curiosity, but I'll know that I'll never actually follow the show again. It's gone way too far for that.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:Ah no worries. I'm probably gonna end up having a look just to satisfy the car crash curiosity, but I'll know that I'll never actually follow the show again. It's gone way too far for that.
I’m similar- I don’t watch it anymore, but I might have a passing look if an episode ends up being trivial in some way. Not that it won’t be shit, of course.

Ludders

Ludders

Rewatching the New Who stuff that I thought was reasonable, has proved such a disappointing experience that I can't imagine how bad the stuff that I I already knew was bad is. 😂
If that makes sense.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:Rewatching the New Who stuff that I thought was reasonable, has proved such a disappointing experience that I can't imagine how bad the stuff that I I already knew was bad is. 😂
If that makes sense.
That does make sense. I’ve had a similar experience of late, really, hence why I’ve joined the forum. In spite of its limited budget, much of Classic Who still holds up in most ways beyond the superficial due to tight scripting or just being brilliantly conceived. New Who has the resources, but little grasp of decent scripting and genuine imagination.

iank

iank

Ronnie wrote:I'm a bit out of touch with how the show is doing.

It's basically an utter despised failure everywhere except the mainstream media, who shill shamelessly for anything PC.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Mott1

Mott1

Ian is correct. Check out the rotten tomatoes ratings for s11 of Nu Who - Critics rating: 91%. Audience rating: 21%.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum