You are not connected. Please login or register

Doctor Who Timeline

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Doctor Who Timeline Empty Doctor Who Timeline 20th August 2019, 11:36 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Threw this together earlier today. Any criticisms or suggestions?

Doctor Who Timeline Doctor10

2Doctor Who Timeline Empty Re: Doctor Who Timeline 21st August 2019, 12:04 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'd say mostly spot on.

Only criticism, or point of disagreement I have is I've always gotten the impression the Eighth Doctor books and audios were meant to be separate and divergent timelines to each other from day one. But maybe they're not so irreconcilable. Certainly Company of Friends had a good go at linking them together.

3Doctor Who Timeline Empty Re: Doctor Who Timeline 21st August 2019, 12:09 am

iank

iank

I like it. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Doctor Who Timeline Empty Re: Doctor Who Timeline 21st August 2019, 8:07 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I pretty much agree, except I have never seen Shalka or experienced the novels due to assuming they were crap.

5Doctor Who Timeline Empty Re: Doctor Who Timeline 21st August 2019, 8:20 am

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Bernard Marx wrote:I pretty much agree, except I have never seen Shalka or experienced the novels due to assuming they were crap.

The EDA Novels for me are phenomenal, and may be my favourite era of the franchise next to the Barry Letts era. It's just the Virgin New Adventures that I am not the biggest fan of at all really. Too edgy, and overtly dark for my liking. Shalka is pretty good as well, albeit wonky animation. But if you could stomach the animation for the Invasion episodes and Infinite Quest, then I think you'll be fine.

6Doctor Who Timeline Empty Re: Doctor Who Timeline 21st August 2019, 8:22 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Sorry- I meant the VNAs more than anything else. They seemed like poor fan fiction on the surface. I really like what I’ve experienced of the EDA BF audios, though.

I’ve just heard here and there that the Shalka Doctor basically set the precedent for the New Who Doctor. And I’m rather mixed on Cornell’s writing as well.

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 21st August 2019, 11:36 am; edited 2 times in total

7Doctor Who Timeline Empty Re: Doctor Who Timeline 21st August 2019, 8:27 am

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with this timeline, well done on making it. The only thing that I would do personally is probably put the 8th Doctor DWM Comics in there as well, preferably before the Charley/Lucie Miller timeline. And no, it's not because of bias.

Also, if anyone's asking my preferred timeline, then it would be:
Classic Who, Movie, Comics, Charley/Lucie, then EDA'S and then maybe Scream of the Shalka (I'm debating on that, because of the EDA'S closing off so perfectly in my opinion)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum