Bernard Marx
DogStar2000
iank
Ludders
Doctor7
Tanmann
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 1:43 am

Doctor7

What are your favorite dalek stories?

2What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 2:40 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The Daleks
Genesis of the Daleks
Remembrance of the Daleks

3What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 2:46 am

Doctor7

Top 5 remembrance of The Daleks 2. Resurrection of The Daleks,Genesis,death to the daleks,planet of the daleks tied with destiny

4What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 2:50 am

Ludders

Ludders

Genesis/Planet/Death

5What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 2:52 am

iank

iank

Daleks
The Chase
Day
Revelation
Remembrance

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

6What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 11:01 am

DogStar2000

Genesis of the Daleks
Dalek Invasion of Earth
Daleks
Day if it's the special edition
Masterplan

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

7What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 11:11 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

In chronological order:
The Daleks
The Daleks’ Master Plan
The Power Of The Daleks
Genesis Of The Daleks
Revelation of the Daleks
Remembrance of the Daleks

Although I like all of the Classic Dalek stories, with the exception of Resurrection. My least favourites outside of Resurrection are Planet and Death.

8What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 11:39 am

stengos

stengos

I have tended to like most Dalek stories.

The following are my favourites ...

Resurrection. I note the issues with this story that Tannman and Bernard have pointed to in another thread and that is an excellent discussion and i could not hope to answer many of the points they have raised. But this story makes the Daleks look like a powerful force again and something to be feared and respected. Not the crappy, falling apart, ridiculed things that they were in Destiny. Even when they are attacked in Resurrection their destruction is impressive. As opposed to someone jumping on them from behind and pushing them in a puddle. Yes there is a high death count but then thats to be expected when a Dalek force attacks / invades a hostile outpost. Yes there are bad bits of acting - Rula Lenska, Chloe "Play School" Ashcroft, Sneh Gupta, Jim Findley, Rodney Bewes - who chose these people? And some of the story structure is odd (e.g., the sudden revelation about the duplicates of the Dr and team at the end of episode 3). However, in this instance the whole is more than the sum of its parts and there are excellent performances from Davison, Strickson, Colbourne, Henney, Grantham, McGough, Molloy. Even Fielding turns in a good performance. Her leaving at the end is nicely judged - just the right level of sentiment. It just has an overall good feel about it. It shits on,and wipes it's arse with, Destiny as far as i am concerned. Apparrently Nation was a tad annoyed with Destiny because of the way it portrayed the Daleks and was initially reluctant to let the Daleks be used when JNT / Saward first approached him about Resurrection.

Revelation.

Genesis.

The Daleks (the original 7 parter from 1963).

Power of the Daleks (the recent animation version).

I can't comment on the other Troughton ones as i have never seen them. Like all of us I would like to see them though.

9What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 3:06 pm

REDACTED

Masterplan, Evil,Day, Genesis, Revelation and Remembrance.

10What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 3:41 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Daleks Master Plan, Power, Genesis, Revelation and Remembrance are fantastic. I also really love Jubilee, Lucie Miller/To The Death, and Prisoner of the Daleks as well.

Last edited by SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe on 14th August 2019, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

11What are your favorite dalek stories? Empty Re: What are your favorite dalek stories? 14th August 2019, 4:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Daleks, Master Plan, Power, Evil and, of course, Remembrance.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum