You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Harry Potter movie?

+3
Pepsi Maxil
ClockworkOcean
iank
7 posters

Favourite HP Movie

Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_lcap17%Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_lcap17%Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_rcap 17% [ 1 ]
Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_lcap50%Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 3 ]
Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_lcap16%Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_rcap 16% [ 1 ]
Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_lcap0%Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_lcap0%Favourite Harry Potter movie? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Favourite Harry Potter movie? 11th July 2019, 8:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Chamber.

I don't like many of them post Goblet of Fire. The first four films are excellent, though.

2Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 11th July 2019, 10:39 pm

iank

iank

Probably the first, though Phoenix was very good as was DH2. Most of the flaws in the films are from too strictly adhering to the source material, which is nowhere near as good as it's supposed to be.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 12th July 2019, 1:50 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Azkaban. Alfonso Cuarón is a genius.

4Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 12th July 2019, 1:39 pm

REDACTED

Adaption wise: The first three films, although Azkaban edges out due to Cuaron's brilliant direction.

General Popcorn Viewing: Goblet Of Fire just for how batshit crazy it is compared to the book.

A bit of an unpopular opinion but personally I can't get into the post GOF films as they just feel like a depressing slog to get through.

5Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 12th July 2019, 8:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Group Marshal Mercury wrote:
A bit of an unpopular opinion but personally I can't get into the post GOF films as they just feel like a depressing slog to get through.

David Yates was the worst HP director by far. I never really appreciated his style and I thought the dark elements were handled far more effectively by Mike Newell in GOF. I wish he'd done Order, Half-Blood and the two Deathly Hallows movies instead of Yates.

6Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 12th August 2019, 6:36 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Prisoner of Azkaban for me. I like the first three Harry Potter movies, and Deathly Hallows Part 2 quite a lot to be honest. But between those movies I can't say the same. Who ever made the post Phoenix movies have this overly dark and grey lighting needed to be fired, I actually can't see shit in Half Blood Prince. The first two movies had this perfect gothic form of lighting.

7Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 31st August 2019, 11:38 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Has to be Azkaban due to Cuarón’s superlative direction- the man is just brilliant (see Children of Men for further evidence of how good his directing is). Although I’ll break the trend here and say that I actually really like the David Yates films- yes, they’re dimly lit, but it seemed tonally appropriate given the more cynical and dystopian vibe appropriated by the final few films within the narrative (though it is a little excessive in Half Blood Prince). Although his style didn’t translate well at all for the Fantastic Beasts films, which are simply utter shite (and I include the first one in that).

8Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 31st August 2019, 12:00 pm

Ludders

Ludders

I've never seen any of them.

Does Lord of the Rings count? Wink

9Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 31st August 2019, 12:07 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:I've never seen any of them.

I’d make a Lord Of The Rings poll, though any poll I make is destined to be satarised at this stage.

10Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 31st August 2019, 12:13 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Bernard Marx wrote:

I’d make a Lord Of The Rings poll, though any poll I make is destined to be satarised at this stage.

LOL

I read the book(s) when I was about 12/13, but the films, although they are good in their own way, can't really compare.
I've never read any of Rowling's books. I'm the wrong generation I suppose.

11Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 31st August 2019, 12:16 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

LOL

I read the book(s) when I was about 12/13, but the films, although they are good in their own way, can't really compare.

I’d agree there. The books are incomparable to the films, though I have a great deal of affection for the films as well. The Hobbit films are fucking rubbish, though.

To be honest, the HP books aren’t especially well written on a literary level- I quite enjoy the stories they tell, though, hence why I prefer the films (especially Azkaban).

12Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 31st August 2019, 12:26 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Bernard Marx wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

LOL

I’d agree there. The books are incomparable to the films, though I have a great deal of affection for the films as well. The Hobbit films are fucking rubbish, though.

To be honest, the HP books aren’t especially well written on a literary level- I quite enjoy  the stories they tell, though, hence why I prefer the films (especially Azkaban).

Fair comment.
I've seen plenty of clips and bits and pieces over the years. It's impossible not to know about Harry Potter even without having seen any the films.

13Favourite Harry Potter movie? Empty Re: Favourite Harry Potter movie? 27th November 2019, 9:57 pm

REDACTED

I have actually been rewatching the films as they have been shown every Sunday on ITV for the past eight weeks and my thoughts have mellowed on OOTP and DH2. Order is certainly a step down direction wise and does feel like a lot of material from the book has been missed out but it is certainly entertaining and Deathly Hallows Part 2 is a decent conclusion and not as patchy as I remember.

I still cannot get into Half Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows Part 1. I find them to be quite dull TBH.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum