You are not connected. Please login or register

John Perthwee was not a very good acter

+3
#BeKind
Zarius
UncleDeadly
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1John Perthwee was not a very good acter Empty John Perthwee was not a very good acter 16th June 2019, 4:43 pm

#BeKind

#BeKind

how can any one like him
?

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

LOL OMG Wait till Burrunjor nails your ass for that duuuuh hehehe

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Alright Cornell, the game's up.

burrunjor

burrunjor

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Welcome back. What are your views on Gareth Roberts? Big Grin

Zarius

Zarius

Madame, WHAT YEAR ISH THISH?

#BeKind

#BeKind

burrunjor wrote:What are your views on Gareth Roberts? Big Grin

i think its graet to have a LGBT writer on Dr Who let me guess ur probly homephobic and want him banned??

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

burrunjor

burrunjor

#BeKind wrote:
burrunjor wrote:What are your views on Gareth Roberts? Big Grin

i think its graet to have a LGBT writer on Dr Who let me guess ur probly homephobic and want him banned??

Oh of course. I'm glad that until Gareth Roberts we avoided having any homosexuals involved with the DW franchise, but still having one gay writer is definitely too many. I'm not even hiding it now. Samuel Davis, that stallion of a man exposed my homophobia and sexism. Big Grin

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

He's probably my least favourite classic Doctor. I still like him as an actor, though.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

He was shite.

He was a better Doctor than an actor.

stengos

stengos

I thought Pertwee was fine: good actor, made a good impression in the role. His first season was excellent - more adult like in its approach than Jon's subsequent seasons.

Slightly let down by his main assistant - Jo Grant . Katy Manning often seemed to play her role as an awestruck fan girl which was sometimes embarrassing to watch. She wasn't all bad - she played her part beautifully in Green Death - gradually growing apart from the Doctor and falling in love with that welsh chap.

I have read that the series was on its last legs when Pertwee took over, with falling viewing figures and the BBC seriously considering cancellation. In my opinion Pertwee was instrumental to the success of the post Troughton reboot. Without him we might not have subsequently seen Tom, Peter or Colin in the role. I think that is a very good reason for liking him.

Finally he played Chief Petty Officer Pertwee in the Navy Lark. Magic.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum