Christ Almighty RTD is BACK

+4
Boofer
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
stengos
Tanmann
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 4th May 2019, 1:52 pm

Richayard

Look at this impending load of old shit shortly to be on our screens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Years_and_Years_(TV_series)

Vivienne Rook? You unimaginative hack.

Biracial marriage? It's become a cliche, you unimaginative hack.

Russell Tovey playing a gay man? Stunt casting, you unimaginative hack.

All their lives converge on one crucial night in 2019, and the story accelerates into the future, following the lives and loves of the Lyons over the next 15 years.
Brexit is BAD, mmmmkay?

Viktor Goraya, a Ukrainian refugee, who develops a romantic relationship with Daniel.
shut UP, bigots!

2Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 4th May 2019, 2:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Just keep him away from Doctor Who. The last thing the show needs now is him back.

3Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 4th May 2019, 2:32 pm

stengos

stengos

I found the short interview with Emma Thompson about this programme on the bbc website quite vomit inducing, reminding me of the actor interviews for New Who up to the time he left: unmitigated praise for the sheer awesomeness of the man's supposedly phenomenal talent:

"I met him before when we were all in London talking about doing it and I loved him so much - what an amazing guy and what an extraordinary writer. His writing is absolutely the level of George Orwell. It’s extraordinary, the way in which he’s imagined the future of our relationship with AI, and it has so many shades of all the best science fiction writing."

Ecclestone used to say the same sort of thing back in 2004/2005. As i understand it from scraps of interviews i have seen more recently, he is not quite so effusive these days ...

Link for the Thompson interview

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/years-and-years/emma

4Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 4th May 2019, 4:53 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Classic RTD

5Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 12th May 2019, 6:49 pm

Zarius

Zarius

i'm not going to rag on the guy. He lost his partner of 20 years last year and I've enjoyed his post-Who stuff.

6Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 12th May 2019, 6:54 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Yep, I'll wait until I see it until I judge it.

The promo stuff seems heavy-handed and a bit preachy though.

7Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 12th May 2019, 10:36 pm

Mott1

Mott1

This has been long-hyped, hasn't it - sure I saw stuff about it ages ago. Having said that RTD's drama about Jeremy Thorpe was surprisingly enjoyable, to be fair (and I'm hardly a fan of the guy's Nu Who output). It'll probably win BAFTA awards: if that man-hating, utterly implausible garbage Killing Eve can, anything can.

Emma T's monologue bears all his trademarks tho, reminded me of the Simm Master! Cringeworthy.

8Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 15th May 2019, 7:59 am

Zarius

Zarius

I thought it was alright. The four star party is basically Brexit Party/Change UK, Doris Day obituary had to have been added in post last minute as it'd only been a day since her death. Could have done without Tovey groping someone's foot for five minutes...methinks RTD has a fetish..

Humans wanting to leave their bodies and become data is a bit "San Junipero", but at least RTD always steals from the best.

The Metal Mickey sex toy felt more like something you'd see out of a rejected Gavin and Stacey script

And yeah, if you don't like the left-leaning, you'll be dismayed by the "Trump is a clear cut baddie who'll nuke you, so don't vote him back in" agenda push.

9Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 14th June 2019, 10:34 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Caught the end of an episode the other night. Bloody hell: RTD hasn't lost his love of drenching an emotional closing scene in background music! As fucking deafening as when he ran Nu Who.

10Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 19th June 2019, 9:35 pm

Richayard

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-06-19/russell-t-davies-explains-why-hell-never-do-a-years-and-years-series-2/

Because no fucker watched your manipulative shit?

There’s also the problem of the series’ viewing figures. Despite rave reviews – publications like Radio Times praising the “extraordinary” drama – the show’s debut audience of 2.39 million slumped to 1.29 million for episode three.

11Christ Almighty RTD is BACK Empty Re: Christ Almighty RTD is BACK 19th June 2019, 10:33 pm

iank

iank

The gap between the loony shill media and, er, actual real people continues to widen inexorably. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum