+2
burrunjor
Pepsi Maxil
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wishcasting Empty Wishcasting 6th January 2019, 2:08 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Treating [Doctor] [companion or companions - any or none, mix n match or as they were] and [story] of ANY Who series EVER,

Which Doctor would you put into which adventure with which (if any) companions?

For example 5th Doctor and Leela in Deadly Assassin?

7th Doctor and Ace in Talons of Weng Chiang?

For me it would be 3rd Doctor and Peri in Christmas Invasion. oO

2Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 6th January 2019, 7:44 am

iank

iank

3rd Doctor and proper UNIT IN Sontaran Strategm seems obvious enough.

Sylv and Soph in Silence in the Library.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 6th January 2019, 11:24 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Seventh Doctor and Ace in everything ever Big Grin

4Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 6th January 2019, 4:04 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Nicola Bryant in Titty Titty Gang Bang

5Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 6th January 2019, 5:42 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

For me the perfect story for Sylv & Soph to appear in would be Horror of fang rock, but as much as I love them how can you possibly replace Tom & Louise in that story?, they were sublime.

6Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 6th January 2019, 8:39 pm

iank

iank

Yeah, it's probably best to imagine classic Doctors replacing modern ones in any of their few decent stories. Big Grin

7Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 7th January 2019, 2:21 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I actually don't think any new who story would work with classic era Doctors.

I remember Bob Holmes and Terrance Dicks both said that the single most important thing was not to change the character of the Doctor too much.

Basically they always wrote the Doctor as being the same character. They'd maybe make a few allowances, like obviously an actor like Troughton wouldn't be given as many fight scenes, but basically the Doctor was always the Doctor to them, and they'd let the actor reinterpret the lines differently.

Pertwee would be deadly serious in his delivery, Tom would be flippant and humorous, (and might change the odd line somewhere to better suit him), but the Doctors core character would be the same.

That's how you always should write the Doctor. Remember that its his outer personality that changes. His core persona, his consciousness and his memories are the same from incarnation to incarnation. So really from the writers perspective he is kind of the same, and its the actors job to try and make it different whilst staying within the template the writers set down.

In New Who however the problem is that the writers evidently HATED the template for the Classic era Doctors, hence why they changed it in every way. They removed big things like his reasons for travelling, his more level headed, practical nature, his moral code, his asexuality, even little things like his dress sense and fighting skills.

With this in mind how would Pertwee fit into the Tennant two parter? Can you imagine Pertwee giving people shit about using guns? Telling Martha off for joining the military? How would any of the first 7 fit into the Matt Smith Angels two parter? Can you imagine them crying when someone got killed? Having to fend off their companion trying to come on to them?

Can you imagine ANY of the first 7 doing the bit in Dalek with Eccelston going ROSE I WASN'T, I COULDN'T.

It would be fucking hysterical meanwhile trying to crowbar Pertwee or Tom into Doomsday?

I actually don't think a lot of old who Doctors would be in New Who stories. Tom Baker used to fight with guys like Graham Williams and Bob Holmes over their scrips because he thought their stories weren't up to scratch.

He was a total dick to Louise Jameson because thought Leela of all companions was rubbish. Leela that unbelievable badass, played by one of the best actresses in DW, who went on to have leading roles in other international series, and who inspired another iconic, kickass character in name and personality in another sci fi classic.

If she's not good enough, what would Tom have made of fucking Clara! Or Mandip for that matter LOL. I shudder to think of the tantrum we'd have seen if old Tom had been handed Rosa or Hellbent.

8Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 7th January 2019, 4:01 pm

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Haha, I suspect Tom wouldn't have put up with New Who shite.

I doubt any of the True Who Docs could fit into a Noo Poo story really unless that story itself was radically altered to incorporate them. New Who or whatever we're calling it these days - I know what I call it! LOL - is a very different beast compared to the classic series and its latest manifestation surely makes that clearer than ever.

What's interesting is just how shamefully the BBC exploited the classic show's trappings (TARDIS, Daleks, Cybermen etc) only for the sake of their bastardised, agenda-driven drivel with the disastrous result of tarnishing the memory of the original series.

I wouldn't mind if they'd simply put out a similar show without any pretence of it being a continuation of 'Doctor Who' but of course 'New Who' under any other name almost certainly would have long since vanished into well deserved obscurity were it not for its associations with the original series.

9Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 7th January 2019, 9:14 pm

iank

iank

Well obviously they'd have to be written better. That should have gone without saying.

10Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 7th January 2019, 9:47 pm

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Yes indeed although no doubt the 'showrunners' of new Who probably think they were already written better Laughing

11Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 8th January 2019, 11:45 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

A better written Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit replacing the Chubby Chavette and the Gurnmiester with Tom & Lis could be good...

12Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 8th January 2019, 9:00 pm

iank

iank

Thing is, you can put almost any Doctors into different stories so long as the stories are good.

13Wishcasting Empty Re: Wishcasting 12th January 2019, 10:10 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Imagine Hinchcliffe producing Capaldi with Leela as the companion. Older Leela, still played by Louise. That might end up fucking awesome. Even if you assume the same script, Hinchcliffe wouldn't tolerate some elements of the script - the weaknesses, not the up to date right-on stuff, he could well leave most of that in.

But Hinchcliffe-isation could really work with some nuWho.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum