Lacrobat
Rob Filth
Mott1
Zarius
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Boofer
12 posters

Who is the worst modern Doctor

Who is the worst modern Doctor? I_vote_lcap0%Who is the worst modern Doctor? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is the worst modern Doctor? I_vote_lcap0%Who is the worst modern Doctor? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is the worst modern Doctor? I_vote_lcap6%Who is the worst modern Doctor? I_vote_rcap 6% [ 1 ]
Who is the worst modern Doctor? I_vote_lcap94%Who is the worst modern Doctor? I_vote_rcap 94% [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 18

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Who is the worst modern Doctor? 23rd November 2018, 9:27 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

David Tennant's bizarre female clone. She's offered bugger all.

2Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 23rd November 2018, 9:42 pm

Boofer

Boofer

I went with Pisstaker.

3Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 23rd November 2018, 9:59 pm

iank

iank

Tennant breathes a sigh of relief as his crown is well and truly stolen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 23rd November 2018, 11:50 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Jodie and it isn't even close.

She isn't even a proper Doctor. She's just a piece of propaganda that is going to look dated in about 20 years when this SJW crap is seen for what it really is.

5Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 24th November 2018, 10:43 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Too close to call a winner in this poll.

6Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 24th November 2018, 7:34 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Oh look, someone obviously went to vote for Shittaker and hit Smith by mistake.
Surely there can't be anyone who actually thinks Matt Smith was worse than Pisstaker?
I mean they're all shit, but Smith was the best of a bad bunch.

7Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 24th November 2018, 8:22 pm

Zarius

Zarius

No mistake, Smith to me was quite grating. Lost all nuance and likeability after series six, recovered in time for his last few episodes. I have problems with the current series, but Jodie actually isn't one of them..she's still yet to have a breakout moment though.

8Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 24th November 2018, 9:00 pm

iank

iank

Zee actually is actively taking the piss now.

9Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 24th November 2018, 9:56 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

We're seven episodes in. It has become clear to almost everyone now that Whittaker will never have a breakout moment. Smith was owning it by his fourth episode.

10Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 24th November 2018, 10:10 pm

iank

iank

He had me won over by episode 1, when I'd been very skeptical of his casting because of his youth.

11Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 26th November 2018, 8:05 am

Mott1

Mott1

Whittaker is arguably a female amalgam of the worst of all of the others. 'Endearing' parodic northern brogue to add character a la Eccles, Tennant's hyperactive Timmy Mallet behaviour, Capaldi's gabbling and Smith's occasional childishness...

12Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 27th November 2018, 8:41 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Undoubtedly the Whittaker aberration.

and I'm only going on a few clips to base that opinion because I refuse to watch the shit anymore.

Eccleston was nothing like the character with his colloquial "working class" stereotype and shit costume.

Tennant was a little better, but was hampered with shitty pop-references and gushy lerve stories cos of RTD.

Smith was a lot more like the character I recognise but hampered with shit scripts for the most part.

Capaldi also could have been a fine Doctor had he too not been lumbered with largely rubbish scripts, his character was fine for the majority of his first series and then completely ruined by Moffat trying to making him hipster-dad.

Whittaker is just fucking awful, a female doing an impersonation of Tennants gawkiness mixed with Ecclestons stupid colloquialism, she looks like Victoria fucking Wood doing a turn - fuck that shit, Chibnall can go and do one.

Fucking Michael Grade sympathising wanker.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

13Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 4th December 2018, 7:03 pm

Lacrobat

It has to be Jodie:

1. That bloody accent. I'm from Yorkshire but the Doctor isn't!

2. Lack of gravitas. She lacks any real presence or sense of danger when "threatening" opponents.

3. Nondescript costume. Whatever it is she's wearing,it just makes her look like someone has wandered in and stolen the TARDIS while Capaldi wasn't looking.

4. Minimal charisma. The Doctor should dominate the scenes he is in. Jodie just blends in with her companions.

Chibbers, if you're determined to cast a female Doctor, at least cast one who can live up to the role.

14Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 15th December 2018, 12:28 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

Imagine

Jacqueline Hill as the First Doctor (in a silver wig)

Carol Ann Ford as the Second Doctor

Caroline John as the Third Doctor

Mary Tamm as the Fourth Doctor

Sarah Sutton as the Fifth Doctor

Nicola Bryant as the Sixth Doctor

Sophie Aldred as the Seventh Doctor

Catherine Tate as the Ninth Doctor

Freem Agyema as the Tenth Doctor

Karen Gillan as the Eleventh Doctor

Michelle Gomez as the Twelfth Doctor

and anyone but Whittaker as the Thirteenth.

It's about charisma and style. Also acting ability but really as a lead actor it's about presence over talent. Commanding and leading. Dominating the stage, demanding the attention and getting it.

15Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 15th December 2018, 7:50 am

iank

iank

lol I was just thinking the other day that I watch most of the Smith era as much for Mad Kazza as for him. She really did have "it" in terms of screen presence.
Whittaker just... doesn't.

16Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 15th December 2018, 10:00 am

TheTimeTraveller

TheTimeTraveller

iank wrote:lol I was just thinking the other day that I watch most of the Smith era as much for Mad Kazza as for him. She really did have "it" in terms of screen presence.
Whittaker just... doesn't.

Even buried under blue greasepaint with a shaved head Karen Gillan blasts Zoe Saldana off the screen in Guardians.
Gillan's sexy, has lots of charisma, and can actually act when she has to.

17Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 15th December 2018, 10:19 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Totally agree. It was Gillan that revived my interest in the new series after I had lost it during Series 4 and those horrible specials.

18Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 20th December 2018, 2:46 am

Rumford

Rumford

*All of them.* The fucking show is a disgrace. None of it has any value. It's only taken me 13 years to realise it. I've no issue with a female Doctor, if it was done correctly, but really, none of the Nu Who Doctor's have been done correctly. Every time, it's like, oh yeah, the new one's going to be good...No, it never will be because it's a fucking template. JW is just Tennant lite, and they all do the "doctor is goofy" schtick, and none of them have any real gravitas. It's the producer's fault of course. Capaldi could have been an excellent Doctor, probably all of them really - it's easy to criticise acting when you're not actually in front of a camera doing it - but the whole thing was pissed away in stupid jokes and Moffat's childish insistence of doing shit that audiences don't want.
"you hate this character? I'll make sure to put her in another 3 seasons."
fuck you RTD and Moffat, you wrecked a good sci fi show and  got a whole generation of people who lack any critical thinking to think this tripe is "brilliant," and "best evah."

I'm not going to go to absurd Ian Levine lengths and say "you raped my first love," (ffs Ian, get a life) but they did, basically JJAbrahms the whole thing. Take an idea and turn it into McDonalds.  
Partly it's capitalism driven, everything has to be a hyper commodity, but did they need to turn it into a fucking cartoon? I'm done with it. Finally. I literally couldn't give a shit about seeing any more of this nonsense.

19Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 20th December 2018, 10:55 am

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

Rumford wrote:I'm not going to go to absurd Ian Levine lengths and say "you raped my first love," (ffs Ian, get a life)

I can't believe I'm going to defend Levine, a man I've never been able to stand but... He actually did something for the show and the fans. If he hadn't stepped in and stopped the BBC destroying the episodes when he did we could have had a situation where we could have lost every story between 63 & the mid 70's. His tireless work after that in trying to find missing episodes is also something the fans should be thankful for.

Yes he's a pompous,self important,self absorbed idiot but his contribution to the show has been massive and compared to those people on twitter and youtube - this generation's "Levine's" like Cristel Dee,Doctor Freedom,MrTardisreviews etc whose only contribution to the show is vlogging their opinions and using the show to make themselves money Levine is a legend.

20Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 20th December 2018, 12:23 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

bryanbraddock wrote:
Rumford wrote:I'm not going to go to absurd Ian Levine lengths and say "you raped my first love," (ffs Ian, get a life)

I can't believe I'm going to defend Levine, a man I've never been able to stand but... He actually did something for the show and the fans. If he hadn't stepped in and stopped the BBC destroying the episodes when he did we could have had a situation where we could have lost every story between 63 & the mid 70's. His tireless work after that in trying to find missing episodes is also something the fans should be thankful for.

Yes he's a pompous,self important,self absorbed idiot but his contribution to the show has been massive and compared to those people on twitter and youtube - this generation's "Levine's" like Cristel Dee,Doctor Freedom,MrTardisreviews etc whose only contribution to the show is vlogging their opinions and using the show to make themselves money Levine is a legend.

100 percent accurate.

Also its worth mentioning that Ian Levine is a gay Jewish man who made a name for himself playing records from black artists in genuinely prejudiced times, yet unlike these spoiled brats he never let that dominate his personality to the point where if you disagreed with his opinions you were automatically labelled a homophobic, racist shit lord.

21Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 20th December 2018, 2:22 pm

bryanbraddock

bryanbraddock

burrunjor wrote:Also its worth mentioning that Ian Levine is a gay Jewish man who made a name for himself playing records from black artists in genuinely prejudiced times, yet unlike these spoiled brats he never let that dominate his personality to the point where if you disagreed with his opinions you were automatically labelled a homophobic, racist shit lord.

Yep. I genuinely felt sorry for him when after he spoke his mind about the Doctor Changing Sex and quitting watching the show on twitter he was met with a shit ton of abuse and ridicule from "fans" whose parents weren't even alive back in 63.  

Bandwagon jumpers and nuwho Tennant worshipers telling him he wasn't a "real fan" etc.

Not a day goes by when I don't wish I could kick RTD in the balls for what he created and the fans that come along with it.

22Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 20th December 2018, 8:56 pm

iank

iank

I have no problem with Ian. And he's dead on about what's been done to this show and character.

23Who is the worst modern Doctor? Empty Re: Who is the worst modern Doctor? 20th December 2018, 10:47 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I like the guy. You can't help but respect a man that has dedicated so much time, effort and money to save important sections of the show.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum