You are not connected. Please login or register

Eccleston will NEVER work with RTD again!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Eccleston will NEVER work with RTD again! on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:11 am

Eccleston says his relationship with his three immediate superiors broke down in the first recording block of series 1 and that he will never work with Davies again!

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018-03-19/doctor-who-christopher-eccleston-russell-t-davies/

View user profile

2 Re: Eccleston will NEVER work with RTD again! on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:14 am

WOW just goes to show you. I remember when it first came out as well, him praising RTD to the hills.

I wonder if Peter Capaldi will be the same in years to come about Moffat.

View user profile

3 Re: Eccleston will NEVER work with RTD again! on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 am

I think I remember reading that he left due to the fact that there was a lot of bullying on set by some of the senior staff members there. Add to the fact that he had creative differences with the showrunner over wanting to play a more serious Doctor while they made him into more of a comedic goof, and well... this is the result.

View user profile

4 Re: Eccleston will NEVER work with RTD again! on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:45 am

I knew all this back in early 2005, as someone (whose name I can't disclose) sent me an original draft of a certain episode + told me exactly what was going on with Eccleston, Boak, Collinson and Davies.

It was creative differences and maltreatment of the lower orders of staff.

View user profile

5 Re: Eccleston will NEVER work with RTD again! on Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:10 am

As someone noted on another forum, given that at the time he was cast Eccles said RTD was the main reason he wanted to do it - having previously worked on fantasy drama The Second Coming - that must have been some bloody falling out.

View user profile

6 Re: Eccleston will NEVER work with RTD again! on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Here's a clue how it all started:

The Unquiet Dead: "Whudduya mean ah gotta wear fancypants Victorian clobber? Am naw snob, me! Fook off! Am wearing me fookin joompah an thats it!"

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

7 Re: Eccleston will NEVER work with RTD again! on Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:03 pm

lol The first recording block was Rose and the AOL two parter. Wink

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum