The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite Classic Who companions?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Favourite Classic Who companions? on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:11 pm

For me it's a tie between Ace and Jamie McCrimmon. They're both incredibly likeable and capable companions who both complimented their respective Doctor's incredibly well. Loved the dynamic between the 2nd Doctor and Jamie, and Ace and seven had absolute bucketloads of chemistry between them.

Romana I also deserves an honourable mention. A very likeable character that complimented Tom Baker's Doctor extremely well. Plus, she was also rather easy on the eyes.

View user profile

2 Re: Favourite Classic Who companions? on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Sarah-Jane.

Brave, inquisitive and beautiful. Came into her own once Tom arrived on the scene, and was part of many of the best stories in the show's history.

The chemistry between her and Tom wasn't matched prior to his tenure or subsequently.

View user profile

3 Re: Favourite Classic Who companions? on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:05 pm

Jo and Sarah Jane and Romana, I think.

Oh and Vicki and Ian/Barbara (I count them as one cos they wouldn't have worked as well singularly. Though, that may be because of the rapport between the two actors).

Oddly, I wouldn't include Ace but McCoy's Doctor wouldn't have been as good without her, very much like Ian/Barbara. Some characters you just shouldn't split.

View user profile

4 Re: Favourite Classic Who companions? on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:23 pm

I was thinking about Vicki the other day, and a thought occurred to me. Wouldn't it have been SO MUCH more shocking and poignant if Vicki was the one who died in The Dalek's Master Plan instead of Katarina?

The way Vicki was written out in The Myth Makers was stupid as hell, and it's kinda hard to feel sad over Katarina's death considering she only appeared in two episodes. (the first one she only had a total screen time of about five minutes) So imagine if Vicki sacrificed herself in The Dalek's Master Plan instead. That would have been one hell of a shocking moment... almost as shocking as Adric's death in Earthshock.

View user profile

5 Re: Favourite Classic Who companions? on Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:52 pm

Ian, Barbara, Vicki, Leela and, top 3, The Brig, Romana 2, Ace.

View user profile

6 Re: Favourite Classic Who companions? on Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:37 am

I just liked Liz and the 3rd Doctor. Equals...almost.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum