Pepsi Maxil
Rawkuss
Genkimonk
DogStar2000
Boofer
DeadManRising
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Which character death most upset you? Empty Which character death most upset you? 27th December 2017, 1:30 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

For me, and a bit ironic as I can't remember his name, it was the prisoner in Mind of Evil who became good. I think it was thee childlike nature of the character post treatment that made it a lot more upsetting. Closest thing Who did to ever killing a child onscreen.

2Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 27th December 2017, 1:40 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Lucie Miller's death was probably the closest Doctor Who has ever come to making me feel legitimately sad over someone dying. Those of you familiar with the Big Finish audio stories will know who I'm talking about.

3Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 27th December 2017, 1:43 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

I was more upset by Alex's death. Killing Susan's son was incredible hard, especially since he was starting to bond with the Doctor in other stories.

4Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 27th December 2017, 1:47 am

DeadManRising

DeadManRising

Alex's death didn't really hit me all that hard. Probably because we didn't really get enough time to truly connect with him, since he only appeared in 4 episodes. Had we gotten a few more stories with him I'm sure it would have been much more profound.

5Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 27th December 2017, 1:52 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

When you think of it, the 8th doctor has lost almost every companion he travelled with in BF.

Samson and Jemma (Terror Firma) killed by Davros or driven insane
Crizz (Dies in Absolution)
Lucy Miller
Charley (He believes she died in The Girl Who Never Was)
Molly Osulliven (Blown up along with the Dalek Time Controller)
and then the new companion in Doom Coalition (forgot name) who died in the last boxset.

6Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 27th December 2017, 3:23 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Genkimonk wrote:For me, and a bit ironic as I can't remember his name, it was the prisoner in Mind of Evil who became good. I think it was thee childlike nature of the character post treatment that made it a lot more upsetting. Closest thing Who did to ever killing a child onscreen.

Just to be thoroughly pedantic, but...

Closer than killing Adric? Adric and Nyssa were described as "the children" in Black Orchid.

Also, in The Chase, one of the women who jumps off the Mary Celeste is carrying a baby. Gwendolyn in Ghostlight. Around the same age as Ace, how old was she in that?

They knocked off a kid in Thin Ice, didn't they? But that's the new series lest we talk about that Evil or Very Mad

7Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 27th December 2017, 2:45 pm

Boofer

Boofer

My ultimate fantasy amounts to every nu who companion returning for a Dalek mega-special, in which all of them are exterminated in the pre-credits sequence, permanently.

The Doctress then decides to erase them all from her memory using a modified mind probe, but pulls the wrong switch and regenerates into Cillian Murphy.

8Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 27th December 2017, 11:32 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Bernad Cribbins character was the only tollerable companion. But he is tainted by being associated with Tate which is like having a nice pair of shoes only to then tred in dog muck.

9Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 28th December 2017, 5:46 pm

DogStar2000

Adric, I had bet my brother a Mars bar that he wasn't really dead. Laughing

https://theleisurehive.proboards.com/

10Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 28th December 2017, 11:03 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Well, in Big Finish's Scorpian King, Adric is revived and became a hormonal insane adult bent on wanting sex with Nyssa. He ends up dying again at the end. I wish I was making this up, but I am not.

They didn't even use Waterhouse as Adric in this one.

11Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 28th December 2017, 11:08 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

My name is Adric and I am from Barcelona!

No, please don't hit me, Dr. Fawlty!

12Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 2nd February 2018, 8:57 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Grigory and Natasha from Revelation. It pains me that they couldn't get the door open quick enough to avoid getting exterminated. No orchestra, no slow mo, just their screams and them collapsing to the ground. Today they'd be brought back with magic fairy dust.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Professor Kettlewell in Robot. Mainly because he'd been bullied throughout the story and was just on the cusp of trying to reason with his creation when he disintegrated.

stengos

stengos

Lucie Miller in the McGann BFaudios. Sheridan Smith made a great duo with Paul and it was a shame they killed her off.

By way of contrast, I didnt know that Charlie had been killed off. But that is good news.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Reverend Wainwright.

To see a man slowly losing his faith in everything he once believed was quite tragic.

16Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 1st August 2019, 1:32 pm

REDACTED

The Marshchild in Full Circle.

17Which character death most upset you? Empty Re: Which character death most upset you? 1st August 2019, 1:56 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

The one which comes across as the most tragically brutal, at least to my eyes, is Sarah Kingdom’s death in ‘The Daleks’ Master Plan’. The oppressive sound design representative of physical decay, coupled with her scrounging for life whilst the Doctor is similarly powerless, and followed by the Doctor and Steven’s subtle and melancholic ruminations ‘What a terrible waste...’ is certainly hard-hitting when compared to the pseudo and melodramatic fake out deaths in New Who. Katarina’s death in the same story is quite hard-hitting as well, given her obliviousness to her surroundings. She was effectively killed, from her perspective, by the unknown. Very dark and pertinent indeed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum