You are not connected. Please login or register

Lana Del Rey appreciation thread

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lana Del Rey appreciation thread Empty Lana Del Rey appreciation thread 7th May 2020, 12:03 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Big fan of hers. She's a brilliant singer, songwriter. I'm more a fan of her earlier stuff, but it's all great.

I'd say she's probably the darkest singer/song writing since Amy herself. (Amy Winehouse was apparently her biggest role model and inspiration, so obviously I'm going to like her LOL.)

Lana really doesn't hold back anything in her lyrics, and her voice has a great sultry, yet quite melancholic quality to it. I also like her style. It's very 1940s.

Some of her stuff like Off To The Races is really quite filthy and dirty. It's about a young drug addict in a toxic, manipulative relationship with a sugar daddy.

The main protagonist is quite a pitiful character. She is completely self destructive and doesn't mind being used, but you can't help but feel sorry for her the way she mentions that no one else would put up with her apart from this filthy old man.

Dark Paradise meanwhile is one of the most moving songs I've ever heard about grief. It's about a woman who want's to believe in the afterlife just to be reunited with her loved one, but then there is also the terror she has that there is no afterlife and that he only exists in her memories and dreams.

Finally Summertime Sadness is also one of the best  songs I've ever heard about depression. It really sums up that black feeling you have, where even if you have all the reason in the world to be happy, it still just hangs over you and drags you down.

2Lana Del Rey appreciation thread Empty Re: Lana Del Rey appreciation thread 7th May 2020, 10:08 pm

iank

iank

I really liked To Be Young and In Love. The video's amazingly beautiful too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum