You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite city you've never been to?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite city you've never been to? Empty Favourite city you've never been to? 28th April 2020, 11:15 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

San Francisco has always fascinated me. It seemed so cool in the 1980s especially in the movies and photographs I've seen.

https://www.sfgate.com/chronicle-history/article/1980s-San-Francisco-history-fashion-culture-decade-13207115.php#photo-16146226

The Golden Gate Bridge is so iconic and I love the cable car system the city has.

2Favourite city you've never been to? Empty Re: Favourite city you've never been to? 28th April 2020, 11:26 pm

iank

iank

That would be a cool one to visit.
I've never even seen London, despite living in the UK till I was 16.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Favourite city you've never been to? Empty Re: Favourite city you've never been to? 28th April 2020, 11:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:That would be a cool one to visit.
I've never even seen London, despite living in the UK till I was 16.

Definitely.

I've visited London many times, but I've never warmed to the city. I rarely feel comfortable when I go.

4Favourite city you've never been to? Empty Re: Favourite city you've never been to? 29th April 2020, 2:17 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

Been to San Francisco many times, I lived in California for while. But of all the cities in the SF Bay Area I liked Santa Cruz the best.

The most interesting city I've ever seen was in a dream. The dream started - I was out in the woods, and I met this guy (he had dark hair, a mustache and was wearing a black leather jacket) - he said he wanted to show me something. We walked through this jungle like area for what seemed like hours, finally we came to a clearing - there was a lake and across the lake a city.

It appeared to be made of what looked like green glass - different shaped domes and tubes connecting them. He told me I was in the distant future ~40,000 years so, and that he wasn't going to stick with me anymore because he didn't want to reveal to me what he really looked like, and some other stuff that sounded to me like some kind of gibberish about horses? I felt this overwhelming sense of well-being just looking at this city, and the sunlight reflecting off of it.

But then after the guy left, I felt myself waking up. I tried to keep myself in the dream and quickly will myself over the lake into the city just so I could get to it before I woke up, but it got all foggy when I was about half way across the lake and I woke up.

5Favourite city you've never been to? Empty Re: Favourite city you've never been to? 29th April 2020, 4:50 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

I've always wanted to go see Nagasaki. But I feel too guilty to go there. I've been to Hiroshima, which has modernised a lot, and is a big powerhouse economically wise. But Nagasaki never seemed to fully recover to its former glory. As such, I feel uncomfortable going.

6Favourite city you've never been to? Empty Re: Favourite city you've never been to? 29th April 2020, 8:51 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

As others have mentioned, San Francisco. Love the slopes and greenery. I often play Sonic Adventure 2, and I loved the atmosphere of the stages that were based on San Francisco.

Alternatively, I'd love to visit Greece and Japan, in terms of countries. Thailand is also a nice place I'd like to visit.
Favourite city you've never been to? City_e10
Favourite city you've never been to? Clmavh10
Favourite city you've never been to? 68747410

7Favourite city you've never been to? Empty Re: Favourite city you've never been to? 29th April 2020, 9:02 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Thailand is nice, but it can be really dirty. When it rains, the smell of sewage is really noticeable, even outside the city.

Japan is awesome, with so many nice places. I highly recommend Nikko in Tochigi prefecture.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum