You are not connected. Please login or register

'Farewell Sarah Jane'-By Russel T. Davies

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zarius

Zarius

-Nyssa suddenly is back on Earth and living in Australia, and is in a relationship with Tegan

-Captain Jack turns up at Sarah's funeral (maybe he should have warned someone there about the Lone Cyberman?)

-Surprisingly, the Trickster shows up (given Gareth Roberts being cancelled, I didn't think that'd have been possible or appropriate, not unless he was co-created by Davies) but is dispatched pretty quickly, and without elaboration

-Katy Manning and Sophie Aldred are in it as Jo and Ace. Sophie never appeared in SJA but was scheduled to before Sladen passed, and she makes reference to the unseen adventure. RTD shoe-horns in the Seventh Doctor pining for Sarah (maybe this is why he visits her in the comic strip story "Train Flight?")

-Luke confirms he's been married for five years to the boy he talked about in SJA (blimey, he married a bit young)

-Clyde talks about having a fondness for Sarah, but not much else.

-Rani theorizes that Sarah was rescued last minute by The Doctor and they're out in the universe exploring together 'forever'...effectively making Sarah the endgame companion.

iank

iank

Even if she swung that way, I'm pretty sure Nyssa could do better. Razz

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

burrunjor

burrunjor

This was tacky and stupid sorry.

Call me cynical but I can't help but feel all of these watch alongs and releasing short extracts are just the BBC wanting to drum up good feeling for DW after the disaster of series 12.

Why else would he suddenly write a death scene for Sarah, 10 years on? I think RTD was genuine in wanting to give Sarah a send off, but the reason the Beeb comissioned it was more cynical.

It also is a bit silly having it that all of the Doctors companions are friends. I don't like Nyssa living on earth. I don't believe Nyssa would be happy to fuck off to boring old earth after what happened on Terminus.

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Oh FFS what a load of old shit. I'm actually laughing.

You never met her, Ace, and the Doctor never mentioned her either! Fake news!

Hate to break it to you people but Sarah Jane was just another companion. In fact, I'd probably say she was effortlessly outclassed by Romana II and Ace to name but two.

Burrunjor wrote:
Call me cynical but I can't help but feel all of these watch alongs and releasing short extracts are just the BBC wanting to drum up good feeling for DW after the disaster of series 12.

I'm sure you're right; "Do you remember, you used to like this...???!!!"

Burrunjor wrote:
It also is a bit silly having it that all of the Doctors companions are friends. I don't like Nyssa living on earth. I don't believe Nyssa would be happy to fuck off to boring old earth after what happened on Terminus.

Agreed. Someone badly needs to go on Twitter and ask Chris Bidmead what happened to Nyssa. That should create one colossal clusterfuck of a continuity problem the nuwho wankers would never find their way out of. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum