You are not connected. Please login or register

Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread Empty Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread 16th March 2020, 2:22 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I am a huge fan of his.

Alan Partridge is one of the greatest comedy characters of all time, but a lot of his other work is funny too.

I love Saxondale. Its definitely a lot more slow paced than Alan, but the character is strangely likable in spite of how much of a plonker he is unlike Alan.

The latest Partridge series was fucking hysterical. I loved the bit where he exposed the former host of the show as a perv.

A rare heroic moment for Alan. Big Grin

2Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread 16th March 2020, 2:22 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

No, he can fuck off. The patronizing idiot really made a complete tit of himself during the election. I don't particularly like being labelled as "ignorant" because I happened to vote for a party he didn't like.

3Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread 16th March 2020, 2:26 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

burrunjor wrote:I am a huge fan of his.

Alan Partridge is one of the greatest comedy characters of all time, but a lot of his other work is funny too.

I love Saxondale. Its definitely a lot more slow paced than Alan, but the character is strangely likable in spite of how much of a plonker he is unlike Alan.

The latest Partridge series was fucking hysterical. I loved the bit where he exposed the former host of the show as a perv.

I liked the latest Partridge series (especially the episode briefly focusing on Corporal punishment “Go on sir...batter him!”- a classic Partridge moment), although I’m unsure if it was the character’s best outing. Which would you say was Alan’s finest iteration?

4Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread 16th March 2020, 2:32 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Pepsi Maxil wrote:No, he can fuck off. The patronizing idiot really made a complete tit of himself during the election. I don't particularly like being labelled as "ignorant" because I happened to vote for a party he didn't like.
Although we both differ politically speaking, I’ll agree that his labelling both Tories and Brexiteers as “ignorant” wasn’t his finest hour. It’s not even well-considered from a political perspective, given that a fair few left-wingers voted for Brexit as it is.

5Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread 16th March 2020, 4:51 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Pepsi Maxil wrote:No, he can fuck off. The patronizing idiot really made a complete tit of himself during the election. I don't particularly like being labelled as "ignorant" because I happened to vote for a party he didn't like.

Great to see you back Maxil. Big Grin

I understand your frustration with him. Its the same with Lily Allen. I like her music, and she was a big deal to people like me growing up, but dear god does she make herself look like a moron when she goes on about politics.

Still I like to separate the art from the artist, and sadly these days its hard to find a celeb who isn't an SJW.

Alan Partridge is hilarious.

6Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread 16th March 2020, 4:56 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:

I liked the latest Partridge series (especially the episode briefly focusing on Corporal punishment “Go on sir...batter him!”- a classic Partridge moment), although I’m unsure if it was the character’s best outing. Which would you say was Alan’s finest iteration?

That's extremely hard to say.

There are so many amazing Alan moments from all the series. His feud with the farmers, his killing Forbes McCallister, his piercing his foot on the spike, his driving Jenny off the air. (I'm surprised Maxil didn't watch the latest series? His Co-Host reminded me of Jenna Coleman LOL.)

I can't decide so I'll give a shout out to Mid Morning Matters. Its a bit overlooked, but its hysterical.

The last episode of season 2 where he has a total meltdown honestly is on a par with the best of Partridge.

His girlfriend leaves him and as usual he can't cope. "But please Angela, but please though, but please though, but please though."

As usual he tries to keep his cool, but when he is interviewing some kids who wind him up he loses it. I won't spoil it, but his rant is absolutely outrageous.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

7Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread 16th March 2020, 5:02 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

burrunjor wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

There are so many amazing Alan moments from all the series. His feud with the farmers, his killing Forbes McCallister, his piercing his foot on the spike, his driving Jenny off the air. (I'm surprised Maxil didn't watch the latest series? His Co-Host reminded me of Jenna Coleman LOL.)

I can't decide so I'll give a shout out to Mid Morning Matters. Its a bit overlooked, but its hysterical.

The last episode of season 2 where he has a total meltdown honestly is on a par with the best of Partridge.

His girlfriend leaves him and as usual he can't cope. "But please Angela, but please though, but please though, but please though."

As usual he tries to keep his cool, but when he is interviewing some kids who wind him up he loses it. I won't spoil it, but his rant is absolutely outrageous.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
I’ve seen it. It’s fucking brilliant.

“Oi, you dick! Calling me a sheep shagger!”

“I reckon you’re the real sheep shagger here, because you’re the one who keeps going on about it!”

LOL LOL LOL

His description of his worst antics in Scissored Isle is hysterical too, “You come here to get away from the chavs! Oi, back to your council houses!”

“I knew I was in trouble”. (Turns to random individual he’s never met in his life)- “There’s a shitstorm coming my way...”

Mid-Morning Matters is very overlooked. It’s interesting how Alan himself seems to have matured somewhat with the times as his character has changed over the years, although that same innate character always remains.

8Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread Empty Re: Steve Coogan Appreciation Thread 16th March 2020, 5:11 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Bernard Marx wrote:
burrunjor wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
I’ve seen it. It’s fucking brilliant.

“Oi, you dick! Calling me a sheep shagger!”

“I reckon you’re the real sheep shagger here, because you’re the one who keeps going on about it!”

LOL LOL LOL

His description of his worst antics in Scissored Isle is hysterical too, “You come here to get away from the chavs! Oi, back to your council houses!”

“I knew I was in trouble”. (Turns to random individual he’s never met in his life)- “There’s a shitstorm coming my way...”

Mid-Morning Matters is very overlooked. It’s interesting how Alan himself seems to have matured somewhat with the times as his character has changed over the years, although that same innate character always remains.

"I bet you keep sheep magazines under your bed. I bet you like to rest your warm balls against the sheep."

I love the way that Alan unironically is so anarchic and badass when you think about it.

This guy has killed someone on air, exposed pervert rings at the BBC on live television, played a sex tape that mocked the disabled to the point where he was almost fired, kidnapped small animals, punched out his guests, offended people to the point where they want to kill him, and throughout all of it he has never backed down.

We know that's not because he is fearless, but just because he is pigheaded and ignorant. Still to the general public in his universe he probably has a reputation as a badass. LOL LOL LOL LOL

The sheep shagger bit is one of the best examples of that. We are led to think Alan is so outdated and uncool around the kids. He still thinks Funky Gibbon is edgy, he thinks Robbie Williams is what the kids are into, yet when they push him too far he ends up being so outrageous your jaw hits the floor.

To me that's one of the best things about the character.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum