You are not connected. Please login or register

Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes?

3 posters

Which One Was better?

Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? I_vote_lcap75%Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? I_vote_rcap 75% [ 3 ]
Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? I_vote_lcap25%Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? I_vote_rcap 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? Empty Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? 16th March 2020, 10:44 am

Zarius

Zarius

Found this interview with Matthew Graham looking back on both shows and what necessitated Ashes in particular.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/life-on-mars-revival-matthew-graham/

I'll admit to not being a massive LOM fan, I only caught a couple of episodes, besides the 70s wasn't the era I was born in, hence why I gravitated more to Ashes to Ashes, Keely was a psychologist, Gene was just as Un-PC as ever but facing the rise of stricter policies and feminism (the show had 'woke' elements but wasn't nearly as overbearing),

I think I liked series one of Ashes the best, the second is sort of OK but can only remember one stand out story (where one of them's revealed as the mole), the third series I can't really go through with watching because on top of it being a bit of a downer, I had mental health problems and it tripped me out when I watched it live.

2Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? Empty Re: Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? 16th March 2020, 9:12 pm

iank

iank

I think Ashes took longer to bed in properly, I wasn't keen on the first series but it improved after. Series 3 was probably the best as they did go much more toward the fantasy aspect (loved the internal affairs guy basically being an agent of Satan). Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? Empty Re: Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? 17th March 2020, 6:07 am

Ludders

Ludders

Life on Mars.
The original, as in most cases, is the best series. Ashes to Ashes just cashed in on the same idea. I agree S3 of A2A was good though.

4Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? Empty Re: Life On Mars or Ashes to Ashes? 3rd April 2020, 3:26 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum