You are not connected. Please login or register

Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In Empty Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In 25th February 2020, 10:25 pm

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

What kind of niche genre's catch your intreast or go out of your way to watch even if their not that great?

What do I mean by this? One of the biggest example I can think of is Zombie movies. This dose not apply to myself but a friend of my watch pretty much any film with Zombies in it, no matter how terrible as he still gets his undead kicks and can laugh at how bad it is.

For a very niche example on my part, Big Cat horror movies has been my thing for a while now. It started out as a quest for eco horror films of a more obscure nature. The oppasite end of the spectrum from killer shark movies. Big Cats proved to be the crowning winner from this original search, though Bears and Crocodiles (despite being on the more common side) also took my intreast.

At it's core this intreast comes from a love of big cats, as well as the fact that they in fact one of man's original natural predators in the wild.

Example of the films I mean...

The Ghost and the Darkness
Burning Bright
Savage Harvest
Maneater
Prey (2007)
Prey (2016)
Kaal
The Big Cat
The Black Zoo
Murder at the Zoo
Night Creature
Roar
Sabretooth
Attack of the Sabretooth

2Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In Empty Re: Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In 25th February 2020, 10:34 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

J-Horror is one for me

Ringu
Dark Water
One Missed Call
The Eye
The Grudge

Actually I should really give Audition another watch.

3Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In Empty Re: Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In 25th February 2020, 11:07 pm

iank

iank

I'm not sure I really have one, unless you count horror in general, or 70s and 80s movies. Then again, it probably is. I remember going to JB a year or so back looking for the Blu ray of the 1974 Murder on the Orient Express. Couldn't find it on the shelves so asked the counter guy. "It's in the cinema now," he said (referring to the Branagh remake). "No, not that one," I replied. He looked it up on the computer. "It's not in," he says, "Except for a really old one, 1974."
"That's the one," I said.
He looked at me like I had two heads.

Either that's really niche, or I look far too young to be watching such things. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In Empty Re: Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In 26th February 2020, 7:38 am

Ludders

Ludders

Dracula movies and Hammer vampire movies.
I used to be on the now defunct British Horror forum, and a bunch of us watched and reviewed around 12 versions of Stoker's Dracula novel, starting with the original Nosferatu movie, and finishing with the 2006 BBC version starring Marc Warren; which was the latest version at the time.
(I still haven't been able to face the new Moffat/Gattis version)

Tanmann wrote:J-Horror is one for me

Ringu
Dark Water
One Missed Call
The Eye
The Grudge

Actually I should really give Audition another watch.

I had a big fad on these, but haven't watched one for a few years.
By coincidence, I picked up copy of Dark Water from a charity shop the other day. That one and Ringu and The Eye were my favourites.
One Missed Call didn't quite do it for me. It's not bad, but not good as the others  on your list, in my opinion.

5Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In Empty Re: Niche Movie Genre sYour Intreasted In 26th February 2020, 7:56 am

iank

iank

I'm loving the Hammer vampire flicks too.

What qualifies as niche?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum