You are not connected. Please login or register

Blogtor Who: Fansites 'Scrambling to Remain Relevant'

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Zarius

Zarius

Found on GB

Hello -- I'm the editor of Blogtor Who. Essentially, there is little news on websites because we have all been cut off by BBC. Only Radio Times, Digital Spy, Metro and the big Newspapers still have something. Oh and DWM as well.

While we are still on "a" BBC press list for Doctor who -- such that it is --- there is virtually no info from it. I think we have had 4 PR release messages sent this year?. Our site and a lot of the big Doctor Who sites used to get a lot of embargo'd new tidbits early, previews and photos on the prior to broadcast from the BBC. We went to press events etc etc. That all was pretty much eliminated last year and is all virtually non-existent this year.

We use to build excitement before an episode with previews, press photos, list of guest stars and their profiles, interviews and post-episode reviews. We can't do that anymore. Our only option is retweet the official sites but quite frankly that is a waste for us. But we are still bound by the rules that we originally agreed to -- ie don't break embargo, don't print non-approved spoilers etc etc. So we can't write up the rumours we know.

We're scrambling to remain relevant with Doctor Who. And we are reinventing ourselves and how we report on the show. We still have access the press photos from BBC and others as well as previews to other programmes so we are and have been moving over to promoting other show that want to work with us. Such as Moffat's Dracula - we had a blast with that NYD. And should have done more for them.

We are still trying but it is difficult to write up a post on the photos when BBC embargoes 3 days after they have already posted them on their own website.

Hope that explains things.

Susan

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Zarius wrote:Found on GB

Hello -- I'm the editor of Blogtor Who. Essentially, there is little news on websites because we have all been cut off by BBC. Only Radio Times, Digital Spy, Metro and the big Newspapers still have something. Oh and DWM as well.

While we are still on "a" BBC press list for Doctor who -- such that it is --- there is virtually no info from it. I think we have had 4 PR release messages sent this year?. Our site and a lot of the big Doctor Who sites used to get a lot of embargo'd new tidbits early, previews and photos on the prior to broadcast from the BBC. We went to press events etc etc. That all was pretty much eliminated last year and is all virtually non-existent this year.

We use to build excitement before an episode with previews, press photos, list of guest stars and their profiles, interviews and post-episode reviews. We can't do that anymore. Our only option is retweet the official sites but quite frankly that is a waste for us. But we are still bound by the rules that we originally agreed to -- ie don't break embargo, don't print non-approved spoilers etc etc. So we can't write up the rumours we know.

We're scrambling to remain relevant with Doctor Who. And we are reinventing ourselves and how we report on the show. We still have access the press photos from BBC and others as well as previews to other programmes so we are and have been moving over to promoting other show that want to work with us. Such as Moffat's Dracula - we had a blast with that NYD. And should have done more for them.

We are still trying but it is difficult to write up a post on the photos when BBC embargoes 3 days after they have already posted them on their own website.

Hope that explains things.

Susan

Just another example of how awful the BBC is when it comes to managing Doctor Who.
No idea about scripts, promotion or scheduling but dab hands at organizing a a bring your non-binary friend to work day.

Quicker that licence fee is taken away and the BBC are run by people who understand more about entertainment than gender studies, the better for everyone.

iank

iank

I would imagine part of their problem is also that most fans don't give a shit anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum