You are not connected. Please login or register

Songs that make you laugh

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Songs that make you laugh Empty Songs that make you laugh 22nd February 2020, 12:31 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I'm going to say.

Stanshall's performance really makes this a classic. Charles Atlas was always rife for comedy, but this is the funniest parody for me.

A genius parody, and what makes it even better is that the people its parodying have adopted it as an anthem without realising that its making fun of them. I remember seeing so many people posting it when Trump won. LOL LOL

I always loved this song because its protagonist is so unsympathetic LOL. This is kind of a subversion of all these obnoxious break up songs that blame the other person completely. For once its the person singing who was the arsehole. I must admit though if there is any truth in this song then Amy, as much as I love her must have been a really crappy girlfriend. LOL LOL LOL

This was well observed by Moon Zappa. Everybody knows someone like this. Valley girls are the female version of idiot jocks. Apparently this song was just supposed to be an instrumental, but Frank got his daughter Moon Zappa to do impressions of the shallow valley girls she knew LOL.

2Songs that make you laugh Empty Re: Songs that make you laugh 22nd February 2020, 2:30 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Some of the lyrics in this just crack me up "I got a job as a petrol pump", "I like stranglin' budgies, I'm what you call an animal lover"

3Songs that make you laugh Empty Re: Songs that make you laugh 22nd February 2020, 2:31 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Also, the video for this makes me giggle a bit

4Songs that make you laugh Empty Re: Songs that make you laugh 22nd February 2020, 4:25 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Tanmann wrote:

Some of the lyrics in this just crack me up "I got a job as a petrol pump", "I like stranglin' budgies, I'm what you call an animal lover"

I used to love Alexei Sayle's Merry Go Round.

My favourite sketch was when he was talking about a past experience coming out of a pub and said.

"I knew I was in trouble when I heard the guys at the end of the street say."

"LETS KILL ALEXEI SAYLE!"

I never listened to much of his music, but I do remember that one from the Comic Strip.

Funnily enough he was one of Amy Winehouse's favourite authors too.

5Songs that make you laugh Empty Re: Songs that make you laugh 22nd February 2020, 4:31 pm

Zarius

Zarius

6Songs that make you laugh Empty Re: Songs that make you laugh 22nd February 2020, 4:56 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:
I used to love Alexei Sayle's Merry Go Round.

My favourite sketch was when he was talking about a past experience coming out of a pub and said.

"I knew I was in trouble when I heard the guys at the end of the street say."

"LETS KILL ALEXEI SAYLE!"

My favourite sketches from that show were the one where he adopts a Whale called Minky, and the Alien Invasion by a race who've modelled their whole culture on Hancock's Half Hour (that would've made a *brilliant* Doctor Who spoof)

7Songs that make you laugh Empty Re: Songs that make you laugh 22nd February 2020, 5:30 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

This is the Minky Whale one:

https://youtu.be/3hknL8dubtM?t=294

The Hancock aliens:

https://youtu.be/-WIyVRp9tJ4?t=1360

8Songs that make you laugh Empty Re: Songs that make you laugh 23rd March 2020, 2:25 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I wish I could sing this unironically.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum