The Brigade Leader
Pepsi Maxil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Recast thread Empty The Recast thread 20th February 2020, 7:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Recast characters you thought were played by miscast actors the first time round.

Andrea Elson as Peri Brown:

The Recast thread Andrea10

Andrea is a very pretty girl and a much better actress than the egregiously awful Nicola Bryant. I would rewrite the character as an American high-schooler. She would also be less whiny and more assertive.

2The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 23rd February 2020, 8:42 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Traci Lords as Mel Bush.
Bush by name bush by nature.

The Recast thread Traci-lords-life-mask-adult-film-star_1_379f14cefafa117d7fb654ca54f0f9eb

Last edited by The Brigade Leader on 25th February 2020, 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

3The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 24th February 2020, 9:26 am

stengos

stengos

Recast McCoy. My choice would be David Collings (Mawdryn in Mawdryn Undead). Or John Ringham (played Tlotoxl in The Aztecs). I have always felt the latter had a Troughtonesque feel about him and i think its a crying shame that Collings never got a crack at the role. A possible third option might have been Anthony Head although he may have been too young at that point.

Replace Bonnie. Obvious choice would have been Yolande Palfry who was in Vervoids. Change the character aswell.

Replace Ace. One option would be Lesley Dunlop who played Norna in Frontios. Or maybe Sally Knyvette (Jenna in Blakes 7). Change the character. Make her an older, more mature companion for the Doctor.

Another option could have been another time lady or even Romana - but probably a different actress as i assume Mary and Lalla would not have wanted to come back. I think Joanna Lumley or Hilary Ryan (Rodan in Invasion of Time) would have suited the role. They could even have thought about an older Susan.

4The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 24th February 2020, 4:22 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

stengos wrote:Or John Ringham (played Tlotoxl in The Aztecs). I have always felt the latter had a Troughtonesque feel about him

Spot On! I remember when I was very young seeing a photo of Ringham as Tlotoxl in a Peter Haining book, and I honestly thought it was Patrick Troughton. Then when I actually watched the Aztecs I was amazed to find he actually had a similar voice too! uncanny.

The Recast thread 340?cb=20200211014255

5The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 24th February 2020, 10:12 pm

stengos

stengos

The Brigade Leader wrote:
stengos wrote:Or John Ringham (played Tlotoxl in The Aztecs). I have always felt the latter had a Troughtonesque feel about him

Spot On! I remember when I was very young seeing a photo of Ringham as Tlotoxl in a Peter Haining book, and I honestly thought it was Patrick Troughton. Then when I actually watched the Aztecs I was amazed to find he actually had a similar voice too! uncanny.

Same here. I saw him in something once (probably Just Good Friends) and i was convinced it was Troughton and so kept telling everyone else it was. Until my elder brother said sthg like "Dont be a twat. Thats not Troughton. Ya Fuckin' idiot!".

6The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 24th February 2020, 10:19 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Stengos wrote:Replace Ace. One option would be Lesley Dunlop who played Norna in Frontios. Or maybe Sally Knyvette (Jenna in Blakes 7). Change the character. Make her an older, more mature companion for the Doctor.

I don't agree with replacing Sophie, but I do think Lesley was a great actress. Have you seen the anthology horror movie Monster Club that she was in?

God her segment scared the shit out of me growing up. Its about a director who gets lost in a town overrun by hideous, flesh eating ghouls. Lesley was the only friendly Ghoul in the town I believe, a human/ghoul hybrid that tries to help the director escape.

She isn't in this scene, but this bit where the director discovers the diary of a priest, and learns how the Ghouls overran the village gave me nightmares.

Those drawings were brilliant. In response to the animation convo earlier with English Giraffe, if the drawings looked like that in an animated DW series I'd be happy.

7The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 24th February 2020, 10:25 pm

iank

iank

Replace Lis Sladen with someone who can actually act. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 25th February 2020, 1:12 am

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

iank wrote:Replace Lis Sladen with someone who can actually act. Big Grin

Ouch! LOL

9The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 25th February 2020, 1:25 am

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

stengos wrote:Yolande Palfry
Yum.

To quote Kunt & The Gang, The late Palfrey definitely qualifies for the "I Have a Little Wank and I Have a Little Cry" tier of women who have passed on that deserve a little tug and a tear in remembrance...

The Recast thread Yolande_Palfrey_1980

I also submit the late Zienia Merton aka Ping Cho from Marco Polo

The Recast thread Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQZ4N8XLC3_8rhV_YCv-RxYT3x0TwwFa9qBImUrfWOqo2MNnShd

And Dorota Rae aka Flight Lieutenant Lavel from Battlefield.

The Recast thread MV5BZDc1ZDZkODEtMjFjZS00YWNlLThkYjgtMTI1OTIxZmVhY2UzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTc4MzI2NQ@@._V1_

Beautiful women taht are sadly missed.

10The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 25th February 2020, 4:39 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I have to say I think I've only fapped to a dead chick once.

And that was Eurotrash's Lola.

I'm still ashamed of myself.

11The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 25th February 2020, 7:45 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

Tanmann wrote:I have to say I think I've only fapped to a dead chick once.

You like them Titties REALLY FUCKING BIG eh LOL

12The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 25th February 2020, 8:03 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Well, at that age I didn't have many other options than Eurotrash or whatever was on Channel 5.

Lola wasn't quite within my preferences, but sometimes it was her or nothing.

13The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 25th February 2020, 10:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Brigade Leader wrote:Traci Lords as Mel Bush.
Bush by name bush by nature.

The Recast thread Traci-lords-life-mask-adult-film-star_1_379f14cefafa117d7fb654ca54f0f9eb

I own a few action movies with her in and she's actually a pretty decent actress.

14The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 25th February 2020, 10:35 pm

stengos

stengos

burrunjor wrote:I don't agree with replacing Sophie, but I do think Lesley was a great actress. Have you seen the anthology horror movie Monster Club that she was in?

God her segment scared the shit out of me growing up. Its about a director who gets lost in a town overrun by hideous, flesh eating ghouls. Lesley was the only friendly Ghoul in the town I believe, a human/ghoul hybrid that tries to help the director escape.

Those drawings were brilliant. In response to the animation convo earlier with English Giraffe, if the drawings looked like that in an animated DW series I'd be happy.

Lesdley is a fine actress. To be honest i wish she had joined the crew at the end of Frontios, replacing Janet Fielding. Tegan could have fallen over, twisted her ankle and the Doctor could have run off leaving her for dead and bundled Norna into the Tardis instead. Works for me.

It looks like the whole of Monster Club is on YouTube so I'll try and give it a go. Especially as Barbara Kellerman is also in it. Been a fan of Barbara's since John Mills' Quatermass (1979). Although she hasn't done a huge amount since.

Thanks for the film suggestion Burrunjor.

15The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 26th February 2020, 8:40 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

stengos wrote:
burrunjor wrote:I don't agree with replacing Sophie, but I do think Lesley was a great actress. Have you seen the anthology horror movie Monster Club that she was in?

Lesdley is a fine actress. To be honest i wish she had joined the crew at the end of Frontios, replacing Janet Fielding. Tegan could have fallen over, twisted her ankle and the Doctor could have run off leaving her for dead and bundled Norna into the Tardis instead. Works for me.

It looks like the whole of Monster Club is on YouTube so I'll try and give it a go. Especially as Barbara Kellerman is also in it. Been a fan of Barbara's since John Mills' Quatermass (1979). Although she hasn't done a huge amount since.

Thanks for the film suggestion Burrunjor.

Monster Club is a bit hit and miss. The premise is great, but the second story is a bit weak. Still the third one is an absolute classic. Lesley's character is one of my favourites.

She would have made a lovely companion, but sorry I like Ace too much to replace her.

16The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 28th February 2020, 9:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

stengos wrote:Yolande Palfry
Yum.

To quote Kunt & The Gang, The late Palfrey definitely qualifies for the "I Have a Little Wank and I Have a Little Cry" tier of women who have passed on that deserve a little tug and a tear in remembrance...

The Recast thread Yolande_Palfrey_1980

I also submit the late Zienia Merton aka Ping Cho from Marco Polo

The Recast thread Images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQZ4N8XLC3_8rhV_YCv-RxYT3x0TwwFa9qBImUrfWOqo2MNnShd

And Dorota Rae aka Flight Lieutenant Lavel from Battlefield.

The Recast thread MV5BZDc1ZDZkODEtMjFjZS00YWNlLThkYjgtMTI1OTIxZmVhY2UzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTc4MzI2NQ@@._V1_

Beautiful women taht are sadly missed.

I still sometimes jerk to Margot Kidder in the Superman movies. I'm not proud of it, but she looked so nice especially in the original flick.

17The Recast thread Empty Re: The Recast thread 29th February 2020, 1:32 am

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

Lola's chest was anti-transcendentally dimensional on account of the fact they actually looked smaller when she got them out.
Go check.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum