You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you've like to have seen Doctor Who cross over with Blake's 7?

+4
stengos
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
REDACTED
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

REDACTED

A popular myth in B7 fandom states that Terry Nation wanted the Daleks to be the big bad of the Season 2 finale before the idea was shut down by the BBC and that Tom Baker and Gareth Thomas wanted the series to cross over, but the question is, would you've liked to see them cross over and do you think the experiment would be a success or a faliure

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It would have been absolutely phenomenal. The tools working at the BBC just didn't have a clue what the audience wanted.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'm not sure I'd want the Doctor to actually meet Blake or anything in Doctor Who. But I certainly would've liked to see the Daleks in action as a galactic invasion force, and the future human space wars against them, in a way the show's only ever hinted at.

I still think the Daleks had great spin-off potential that we only got to see on audio.

I've always felt it's something of the show's missing puzzle piece, so it would've been nice to see, if Blakes' 7 could do it.

stengos

stengos

I guess it would have depended on the quality of the story but in principle I was always more keen on the Daleks appearing in Blake's 7 than the Doctor himself. Maybe if they had been the alien invaders in Star One (end of season 2). That might have been cool.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Yeah, it would've been a fan-gasm moment and worked in the favour of both shows.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Fendelman

Fendelman

There are a few Who stories that more-or-less could take place in the same time/place as a Blakes 7 episode: The Mutants, Robots of Death, Power of Kroll, Nightmare of Eden, Terror of the Vervoids...

But if the Doctor showed up in Blake's 7 (or rather if the plot of Blakes 7 were made into a Doctor Who story), he would sort out Servalan, Travis, and whole the Federation in one 4-part story. So the Doctor can't actually effect that much. I think having minor characters cross over one way or the other would work better than having Blake in Dr. Who or the Doctor in B7, or maybe something like Daleks in B7 as was already said, or just have the location be what crosses over: like having Blake visit Delta Magna or the Doctor go to Freedom City.

iank

iank

I think Tom and Gareth just wanted a joke of them seeing each other as they ran down corridors, IIRC. LOL

I was never big on B7 to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:
I was never big on B7 to be honest.

I think some of those really early episodes are a bit stilted and dull. I actually watched the show out of order and found myself enjoying the later ones a lot more. There's a really good heist episode starring the late Roy Kinnear as the owner of a pleasure cruiser. It's very funny especially when some of the crew have to pretend to be high. Plus, Glynis Barber is sooo delicious.

Would you've like to have seen Doctor Who cross over with Blake's 7? Soolin10

Mmmmm.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Honestly, no. Usually, I go in for this kind of stuff, but I like B7 as something to get away from DW when it becomes a bit much. It's its own thing, aimed at a slightly older audience. It would be a bit too self-knowing like when Capaldi talks to the camera about the bootstrap paradox at the beginning of... Under the Lake? It probably works better as an if only thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum