UncleDeadly
ClockworkOcean
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
stengos
REDACTED
Pepsi Maxil
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Beatles song? Empty Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 3:41 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

This one:

I remember hearing it in Remembrance and thinking what a beautiful song it was.

2Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 4:02 pm

REDACTED

Yellow Submarine.

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 9th February 2020, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 4:04 pm

stengos

stengos

There are so many.

Across the Universe. One of Lennon's although he was quite dismissive of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90M60PzmxEE

Another favourite of mine - In My Life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcdt6DsLQA

Finally, one of Harrisons - My Guitar Gently Weeps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI8P6ZSHSvE

4Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 4:08 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Indrid Mercury wrote:Yellow Submarine.

Ditto for me.

5Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 5:05 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

6Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 5:11 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

A Day In the Life
I've Got A Feeling

7Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 7:08 pm

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

8Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 8:31 pm

stengos

stengos

Ballad of John and Yoko

Help

You've Got to Hide Your Love Away.

9Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 8:35 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Revolution.

10Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 9th February 2020, 8:40 pm

stengos

stengos

Oh Darlin'. Written by Paul McCartney. I think this is one of his best. However, John had the better Rock'n'Roll voice for stuff like this and so i think Paul should have let him sing it. Alas no.

11Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 12th February 2020, 9:04 pm

#BeKind

#BeKind

teh only good beatels recording IMHO

https://doctorwhofeministfront.tumblr.com

12Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 12th February 2020, 11:30 pm

Ludders

Ludders

13Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 12th February 2020, 11:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

14Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 14th February 2020, 7:16 pm

Mott1

Mott1

It's no secret I'm not exactly the band's biggest fan, by any stretch (though I have been to the Cavern Club and quite enjoyed the experience - at least the performer did other bands' stuff too). One problem I have with the band is that the slightest criticism of any of their output leads to more fury from their diehard supporters than I've ever come across from anyone else - but Lennon himself admitted something like I Am The Walrus was deliberately written to be a bad song!

However whilst they are not and never will be my thing even I have to admit to the quality of stuff on The White Album, for example, and their influence on groups like Slade, ELO, Oasis etc did lead to some good stuff even if they all fizzled out in the end.

If I had to say which Beatles songs I have a bit of time for I would probably go for one or two of Harrison's in particular - he added a certain soulful, introspective quality to their catalogue when he started contributing more - and one that even Fab Four fans can't stand : -

For some reason I have more time for some of the stuff in their tailend, post-boy band/psychedelic era - but equally I believe Hey Jude is the work of the devil!

15Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 14th February 2020, 7:25 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Mott1 wrote:I believe Hey Jude is the work of the devil!

Oh it sounds *much* worse on Karaoke night in Slaters. Embarassed

16Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 28th February 2020, 12:07 am

stengos

stengos

Across the Universe but a cover by David Bowie instead of Lennon's original. Personally i prefer Lennon's.

17Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 3rd May 2020, 6:47 am

JJ Chambers

JJ Chambers

With a Little Help from My Friends.

I honestly wish Ringo had sung on more tracks. If he had done, I could actually imagine him being my favourite vocalist in the band.

18Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 3rd May 2020, 7:10 am

TheCuomoDoctor

TheCuomoDoctor

Probably In My Life.

19Favourite Beatles song? Empty Re: Favourite Beatles song? 6th May 2020, 1:29 pm

Mott1

Mott1

stengos wrote:Across the Universe but a cover by David Bowie instead of Lennon's original. Personally i prefer Lennon's.

Even I agree Lennon's is better. The low point of YA, despite Carlos Alomar' typically excellent guitar - although not quite as bad a Bowie cover as when he did The Beach Boys' God Only Knows!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum