+5
BillPatJonTom
Rick Deckard 2.0
stengos
Pepsi Maxil
REDACTED
9 posters

Spearhead or Terror

Spearhead From Space vs Terror Of The Autons I_vote_lcap75%Spearhead From Space vs Terror Of The Autons I_vote_rcap 75% [ 9 ]
Spearhead From Space vs Terror Of The Autons I_vote_lcap25%Spearhead From Space vs Terror Of The Autons I_vote_rcap 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

REDACTED

Which of the Nestene's original two tales gets your vote?

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Spearhead.

stengos

stengos

I voted for Spearhead. Terror is great aswell but there is sthg about Spearhead that sets it apart. The Autons felt scarier in Pertwee' first story. The scene where the manikins wake up and break out of the shop windows is iconic for me.

REDACTED

stengos wrote:I voted for Spearhead. Terror is great aswell but there is sthg about Spearhead that sets it apart. The Autons felt scarier in Pertwee' first story. The scene where the manikins wake up and break out of the shop windows is iconic for me.

Mainly the fact it's shot entirely on film, giving it an cinematic feel to it. The Autons feel much more creepier and indestructible here and Channing is one of the most creepy villains of the series.

Terror's an enjoyable tale but I always felt the Nestenes and Autons were often unnecessary to the plot and you could have had any old alien or henchmen in their places.

Rick Deckard 2.0

Rick Deckard 2.0

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

Terror is excellent but Spearhead just edges above it I think because of its nightmarish Quatermass vibe all shot on glorious film and enhanced by the sheer creepiness of the homicidal Autons, whether lurking in the woods or breaking into cottages or stalking the city streets after smashing their way out of shop windows.

iank

iank

It's obviously Spearhead.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Fendelman

Fendelman

I really couldn't decide because I think they're both so good. I eventually voted for Terror just because nobody else did.

Ludders

Ludders

^
What Fendelman said.

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Spearhead From Space, without a doubt. It looks fantastic on film, has great music and Liz Shaw is sexy as Hell. Terror of the Autons is wonderful too, but not quite in the same league. Spearhead looks like a snazzy, glossy, ITC action series version of Quatermass - and if you were to compare it to Rose, (a sort of simplistic, fast-cut, dumbed-down, soapy version of Spearhead) you'll see exactly why classic Who is superior.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Spearhead From Space was a wonderful start to the Pertwee era. It all seemed to go to pot after Inferno for some reason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum