You are not connected. Please login or register

Buying from shops vs buying online

+2
Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
6 posters

Buying from shops vs buying online

Buying from shops vs buying online I_vote_lcap0%Buying from shops vs buying online I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Buying from shops vs buying online I_vote_lcap100%Buying from shops vs buying online I_vote_rcap 100% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 8

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 1:55 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I prefer to buy online. I don't have to trudge through countless shops looking for the product I want and I can usually find it cheaper than in stores.

2Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 2:08 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Same.

The town center's a depressing place to come to these days. Grimy, crowded, too many chavs and addicts to avoid, and it's just so sad to see the number of homeless people. I don't spend any longer in town than I need to usually (which is a shame because it's the only go-to place for a Pizza Express).

I seem to be always ordering from Amazon these days.

3Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 2:25 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:Same.

The town center's a depressing place to come to these days. Grimy, crowded, too many chavs and addicts to avoid

My town would actually be quite nice if the people all buggered off somewhere else. I lose faith in humanity everytime I venture into town.

4Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 2:47 pm

REDACTED

Online. Much cheaper and more variety

I struggle with going to big shops as the noise and chaos tend to raise my anxiety levels and town centers are depressing places for all the reasons Tanmann listed. Not to mention the odd obnoxious busker or street preacher.

5Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 3:09 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:

I seem to be always ordering from Amazon these days.

That or eBay. The only shops I don't mind go to are charity shops. No loud or obnoxious idiots and you can usually find some really rare stuff for as little as 20p if you're really lucky.

6Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 3:12 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Might be the weight I've put on over the years, but charity shops just feel a bit too cramped to me these days.

7Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 9:20 pm

iank

iank

Online. Not so much because I prefer it, just that it's easier. With DVDs/Blu rays, while there's the odd decent deal from JB Hi-Fi (which I have one very near me), the reality is these days I buy mainly older movies on Blu ray. Many of these titles don't even get a release in Australia at all, and even when they do, half the time they won't get them because they're old and obscure.
Ergo, online.

I don't mind going shopping/browsing though. Gets me out of the house...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 10:28 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Online, for convenience.
Although If I'm going to the shops I'll browse JB HiFi as they sometimes have 2 for 1 deals and so on.
And I'm always picking $2 dvds from Savers or Salvo's of titles I like, but not enough to want to pay full price for.

iank wrote:With DVDs/Blu rays, while there's the odd decent deal from JB Hi-Fi (which I have one very near me)

Are you out in the sticks?

9Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 11:18 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Online, but part of me misses the old high street shopping experience, especially when it was bustling with your average person looking for bargains. I remember shops full of gleaming goods, eager assistants, and the sheer excitement of being able to try, buy and take home on the same day.

One thing I miss is the strange way those little shopping missions turned into family outings. You might end up going for a Wimpy afterwards, or hanging out with your siblings in the record store as your dad muttered under his breath trying to find your mum in the wrong store. It was all part of the humour and drama. You'd have those small stories to tell. Often, my dad would fart loudly in a store and blame it on one of us or my mum. Timeless stuff.

These days though, it's a miserable graveyard of betting shops, pawn shops, eateries and charity shops. The magic is gone and only the ghosts of the past remain; haunted by a skeleton army of abject poor, chuggers and pensioners, as the rest of us sit in the warm and take 10x longer than a trip out to decide which TV to choose from 1200 similarly-specced models.

10Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 11:21 pm

iank

iank

Ludders wrote:Online, for convenience.
Although If I'm going to the shops I'll browse JB HiFi as they sometimes have 2 for 1 deals and so on.
And I'm always picking $2 dvds from Savers or Salvo's of titles I like, but not enough to want to pay full price for.

iank wrote:With DVDs/Blu rays, while there's the odd decent deal from JB Hi-Fi (which I have one very near me)

Well I am in Australia. LOL

I don't quite get what you mean. There's shops and a big JB near me, but like I said many of the Blus I want don't get an Aussie release at all or they just don't have them in store. In which case I may as well get it cheaper off eBay.

11Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 11:43 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:

I don't quite get what you mean. There's shops and a big JB near me, but like I said many of the Blus I want don't get an Aussie release at all or they just don't have them in store. In which case I may as well get it cheaper off eBay.

What is it over there, Region 4?

12Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 11:45 pm

Ludders

Ludders

iank wrote:

Sorry, totally misread that as you NOT having a JB HiFi near you. ooops. LOL

13Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 8th February 2020, 11:53 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:
iank wrote:

Sorry, totally misread that as you NOT having a JB HiFi near you. ooops. LOL

Maybe you should read other people's replies properly instead of skimming them. I know you're desperate to shag the missus but at least show a bit to respect for other posters and take the time to read their posts.

Edit: I'm only joking so don't hit me with an insult that you know I'm not smart enough to counter.

14Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 9th February 2020, 12:15 am

Ludders

Ludders

OK I won't. Since you ask nicely. ;-)

15Buying from shops vs buying online Empty Re: Buying from shops vs buying online 9th February 2020, 7:50 am

iank

iank

I did wonder what was confusing about what I said. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum