You are not connected. Please login or register

Memories of Who?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Memories of Who? Empty Memories of Who? 7th February 2020, 5:49 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Do you remember watching the classic series when it aired? How did you feel when Remembrance was broadcast? Did you watch The Five Doctors? Were you with other people? What did you do when you heard that the show had been put on hiatus?

2Memories of Who? Empty Re: Memories of Who? 7th February 2020, 5:59 pm

Doctor7

No I watched it after it aired after cancellation to i was born in November 1989

3Memories of Who? Empty Re: Memories of Who? 7th February 2020, 6:13 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I only became a fan in the 90's, courtesy of the BBC anniversary repeats in 1993 (I was aged 11).

So I had terrifying/fond memories of seeing Genesis of the Daleks and Planet of the Daleks unfold. I saw Dimension in Time and The TV Movie on broadcast.

The episodes I remember watching with friends were The Five Doctors, Remembrance of the Daleks, Day of the Daleks and the Cushing movies.

This was before high school, and after that point I was the only fan I knew (and even then I was starting to drift more to Star Trek and Red Dwarf).

Since I grew up post-hiatus, I suppose I just took for granted the show had ended and probably wasn't coming back. Once the revival happened, I found myself revisiting more of the show's later declining years and wondering if maybe it had carried on too long anyway.

4Memories of Who? Empty Re: Memories of Who? 7th February 2020, 9:05 pm

iank

iank

My first memory is the cliffhanger to ep 1 of Destiny, probably the repeat.
I have vague memories of the Five Faces season, and saw a good deal of Davison and at least some of season 22. I remember being aware of the 20th anniversary hype but cannot remember if I actually watched the special. I also remember watching part 1 of Trial, thinking it sucked and spending the next three months looking in Radio Times and wondering when the next story would start... I was not aware of any of the cancellation drama at the time.
But I didn't really become a fan until Xmas 86, with the McCoy era being the first stuff I watched religiously and it being "my show".

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum