SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Pepsi Maxil
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Battlefield Empty Battlefield 5th February 2020, 5:54 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I watched it earlier along with Ghost Light and I actually ended up enjoying it more than that. I've rarely mentioned the story on the forum because I've never really rated it that highly, but after watching it again I actually think it's better than Survival and perhaps more engaging than Ghost Light. I suppose the only issue is some of the direction which is competent enough but the action scenes are very clumsily handled. The script itself is actually quite cool and I really like the actor playing Ancelyn as well as the delightful Angela Bruce. The Brig rules and Jean Marsh is rather striking as Morgaine. All in all pretty fun stuff.

Have any of you seen it on Blu ray?

2Battlefield Empty Re: Battlefield 5th February 2020, 6:13 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

The weakest story out of Season 26, but that is still high praise considering that I really like Battlefield. I actually like it when Doctor Who delves into the more 'magical' stuff and Battlefield is no exception. Morgaine is great and the Destroyer is one of the best looking monsters in Doctor Who. Also, I'm a sucker for explosions and sparks, and Battlefield has that in spades. Bizarre certainly, but Bizarre works best for Doctor Who.

3Battlefield Empty Re: Battlefield 5th February 2020, 6:32 pm

Ludders

Ludders

It's better than Survival, but I'd still rate Ghost Light higher.
Jean Marsh is great as Morgaine, and it's nice to see the Brig one last time.

Last edited by Ludders on 6th February 2020, 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total

4Battlefield Empty Re: Battlefield 5th February 2020, 6:52 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Ludders wrote:It's better than Survival, but I'd still rate it Ghost Light higher.
Jean Marsh is great as Morgaine, and it's nice to see the Brig one last time.

This.^

5Battlefield Empty Re: Battlefield 5th February 2020, 7:39 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Shouty McBollockhead stopping the battle is more cringe than Tennant doing 'Ghoschtbushters', or Capaldi's guitar playing.

Not quite as bad as the cliffhanger scene in Dragonfire though.

6Battlefield Empty Re: Battlefield 5th February 2020, 7:46 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think part 1 and 4 are pretty solid.

The middle episodes are where it gets really nonsensical and overdoes the whimsy and anti-military, pro-feminist preaching.

Overall I think there's maybe a decent three-parter in there somewhere, but it is ultimately one of McCoy's more frustrating stories.

7Battlefield Empty Re: Battlefield 5th February 2020, 7:49 pm

REDACTED

It's the weakest of the season and one of the weakest of the era and I concur with Tanmann that the feminism message can be quite on the nose and in your face but I have a lot of nostalgia for it and can look past those elements and treat it as a nice piece of fun. It's nice to see the Brig for one last time and Nicholas Courtney is superb as ever.

8Battlefield Empty Re: Battlefield 5th February 2020, 8:41 pm

iank

iank

It's a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

9Battlefield Empty Re: Battlefield 6th February 2020, 4:02 am

Ludders

Ludders

Indrid Mercury wrote:I concur with Tanmann that the feminism message can be quite on the nose and in your face.

'kinell guys, it's not that bad. Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum