You are not connected. Please login or register

The worst review ever written!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The worst review ever written! Empty The worst review ever written! 4th February 2020, 3:12 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Here's a review on the Season 26 Blu ray set. The reviewer's brain is obviously in the anal region.

"One for hard core Doctor Who fans only. The list of extras sound interesting, may be worth the money if you wish to have a complete collection and it is noteworthy only that this was the last season broadcast before the show was cancelled in 1989. But, the stories are pretty bad. The directing, particularly on Battlefield is woefully shoddy, Ghost Light suffered in editing and is incomprehensible, Fenric has good and bad points and Survival is forgettable drivel. As much as we’d all like to...there is no getting away from the dreadful acting of Sophie Aldred and Sylvester McCoy who should never have been cast in these roles. It says a lot that neither of them had any sizeable non-Who roles ever again. Save your money and buy classic era Troughton, Pertwee and Tom Baker DVD’s and not this drivel. Still, on the bright side, we had to get this rubbish in order to get the relaunch success years later.
I remember watching this when broadcast, enjoyed it, thought I loved it...but we fans were desperate. Desperate to love it and desperate to keep Doctor Who on the TV. It was only 4 years previously that the show had already been cancelled and then brought back...with Colin Baker and Bonnie Langford 😞. And then with the “comedy” disaster of Sylvester McCoy. With the benefit of hindsight, I look back on this utter drivel and feel sorry for the fans and for the people, including the production team, who loved the show and tried to make a good product, but who were ultimately betrayed by a producer who was sick and tired of the show and of a BBC management that finally succeeded in killing off this once proud flagship. A dreary end to the greatest TV show that ever was."

"we had to get this rubbish in order to get the relaunch success years later"

Look how that's turned out LOL LOL LOL

I'm sick of these pricks spouting their garbage on every single site. It's the same old bollocks repeated again and again by the some old monotonous parrots.

2The worst review ever written! Empty Re: The worst review ever written! 4th February 2020, 4:08 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly

Oh, that one's old news. It may make for tremendously irritating reading but that tosser's been comprehensively chewed out by a deluge of negative replies. Still, "relaunch success" my arse. LOL

3The worst review ever written! Empty Re: The worst review ever written! 4th February 2020, 4:08 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I've read worse reviews on this forum.

Usually ones rubbishing the Letts and Hinchcliffe era Wink

4The worst review ever written! Empty Re: The worst review ever written! 4th February 2020, 4:17 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:I've read worse reviews on this forum.

Usually ones rubbishing the Letts and Hinchcliffe era Wink

Yeah, but those eras are actually deserving of the criticism Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum