You are not connected. Please login or register

Should actors mention diversity more often at awards ceremonies?

3 posters

Should actors mention diversity more often at awards ceremonies?

Should actors mention diversity more often at awards ceremonies? I_vote_lcap0%Should actors mention diversity more often at awards ceremonies? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Should actors mention diversity more often at awards ceremonies? I_vote_lcap0%Should actors mention diversity more often at awards ceremonies? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Should actors mention diversity more often at awards ceremonies? I_vote_lcap100%Should actors mention diversity more often at awards ceremonies? I_vote_rcap 100% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 5

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

burrunjor

burrunjor

I voted for the third option as should anyone else with sense. Its pathetic. Its nothing but ego stroking, trying to make yourself look like the new Gene Roddenberry crap.

Black people are a small percentage of the population, that's why they win fewer awards. This crap of award ceremonies being racist, was debunked years ago when it was revealed that black people had a small, but near perfect representation at the Oscars of 12 percent.

These people remind me of Father Jack screaming AWARD, AWARD, AWARD, AWARD, AWARD!

Also a bit rich of Prince William to talk about feminism given what Prince Andrew has been up too.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

burrunjor wrote:

I voted for the third option as should anyone else with sense. Its pathetic. Its nothing but ego stroking, trying to make yourself look like the new Gene Roddenberry crap.

Black people are a small percentage of the population, that's why they win fewer awards. This crap of award ceremonies being racist, was debunked years ago when it was revealed that black people had a small, but near perfect representation at the Oscars of 12 percent.

These people remind me of Father Jack screaming AWARD, AWARD, AWARD, AWARD, AWARD!

Also a bit rich of Prince William to talk about feminism given what Prince Andrew has been up too.
I have to agree. I fail to understand why 1917 winning seven awards is somehow a “hollow victory” for minorities. Most of them likely don’t give a fuck about this shite, and perhaps one should ask if the films featuring or made by such groups were not nominated for other awards due to their overall quality when compared to the other candidates as opposed to the ethnic groups of who made them.

The bizarre thing is that no one would be complaining about actors of diverse ethnic groups winning awards if the entitled media wouldn’t shut up about it, frankly. It’s laden in hypocrisy of the highest order as already illustrated, and only seeks to made themselves look like entitled prats. It’s also amusing how journalists like Peter Bradshaw whinge about Joker being recognised at the awards (without ever explaining why he dislikes the film in any coherent way) whilst also complaining about a lack of diversity- so he can’t be arsed to recognise Hildur Guðnadóttir’s contributions, then. Complete hypocrisy (yeah- I’m still not over the fact that that arse gave Ghostbusters 2016 and the latest Star Wars instalments four stars, whilst throwing labels at those who dislike such shite films).

That being said, the last 10 minutes of the BAFTAs were the absolute worst, and the most puke-inducing section of the night- kissing Kathleen Kennedy’s arse in a self-congratulatory montage that essentially celebrated the current version of Lucasfilm and Star Wars with no reservation in abject sycophancy.

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 3rd February 2020, 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mott1

Mott1

Good answer Burronjor. Even someone in favour of genderblind casting would struggle to explain how a BAME person could play one of the leads in The Two Popes! The only plus-side is that for all the bleating - and it's a shame the talented Phoenix has drunk the kool-aid - they haven't actually changed the winners as much as they'd like. I guess their principles stop short at actually handing their awards over to minority actors.

As for Prince Andrew, I suppose William feels the BAFTAs need to be as diverse as his uncle's tastes in women!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum