You are not connected. Please login or register

Who would you've liked to have seen take over as producer?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

REDACTED

Imagine an alternate timeline where JNT stepped down after Season 21. Who would you like to see pick up the reigns of producer and what changes would you have made?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

By Season 21 it was already beyond saving, I'd say.

A season or two earlier though, I'd probably have preferred either Peter Grimwade or Fiona Cumming.

David Maloney would also be great to have if he was open to return. Even Terrence Dudley I think might've been an okay producer (albeit a bit safe).

Whoever they are, I just hope they kick Levine and Saward to the kerb, or at least only ever have Saward as guest writer.

I'd like them to make more use of Barbara Clegg, Andrew Smith, and also bring Nick Briggs aboard, as he was doing some quite interesting work with the Audio Visuals group at the time (the pre-runner to Big Finish, essentially).

I'd hope that in time we could still have some contributions from Cartmel and Aaronovitch and that Remembrance might still see the light of day.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:Imagine an alternate timeline where JNT stepped down after Season 21.

No.

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Indrid Mercury wrote:Imagine an alternate timeline where JNT stepped down after Season 21.

No.

''It isn't hard to do.''

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Indrid Mercury wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

No.

''It isn't hard to do.''

No JNT = No McCoy Era.

Why would I want to imagine that exactly?

iank

iank

Who would you've liked to have seen take over as producer? Giphy10

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've got a good question for you all! Which member has been more tedious of late, Ian or Boofer? Big Grin

stengos

stengos

David Maloney. He did a good job on the first two series of Blakes 7 and Day of the Triffids was excellent.

For script editor - Chris Boucher may have been good. Space Cops certainly showed promise.

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I've got a good question for you all! Which member has been more tedious of late, Ian or Boofer? Big Grin

Don't wanna sound like I'm tooting my own horn here. But I think I'm beating both of them! Big Grin

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

stengos wrote:David Maloney. He did a good job on the first two series of Blakes 7 and Day of the Triffids was excellent.

For script editor - Chris Boucher may have been good. Space Cops certainly showed promise.

I agree. David Maloney would definitely be up there with Peter Grimwade for me as probably 'the best producer the show never had'.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum