Tanmann
Pepsi Maxil
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The DVDs Empty The DVDs 2nd February 2020, 2:30 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Do you plan on collecting them all or do you only purchase the stories you like? Do you have them all already?

2The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 2nd February 2020, 2:37 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Only the ones I like or am curious about.

3The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 2nd February 2020, 2:54 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

I have all the VHS.

I understand there were also a few stories released on Laserdisc and Beta - I'd love to find these, but I don't have any of them yet.

At the moment, I'm just looking to collect the DVDs that have either newly discovered episodes, or animated episodes that aren't on VHS.

I have no interest in BluRays.

4The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 2nd February 2020, 3:43 pm

stengos

stengos

I have all the DVDs released so far bar some of the Special Editions. I usually waited until they came down in price though ,so i rarely bought one straight after it's release date. I got them regardless of whether or not i initially liked particular stories because you never know - my attitude to particular periods / stories may change over time. As it has with some of the Williams' era, "Fang Rock" being a good example.

The animated story ones i now get from CEX (e.g., Power of the Daleks, The Macra Terror).

I can't afford the season by season BluRay releases so i won't be getting those. I would like to - mainly because of the extra features - but its not going to happen unless they don't sell so well when they are released and so end up in CEX significantly marked down. I am not sure this will happen any time soon. I looked on EBay the other week and Tom's first season was going for sthg like £140. Seemed a tad steep to me.

5The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 2nd February 2020, 3:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I have all the McCoy and Davison stories now.  I'm in the process of completing my Sixties collection as we speak.

I'm praying that the Season 26 Blu ray set is still £40 when I get paid at the end of the month. I love McCoy, but I wouldn't pay anything over a £100 for any of his seasons. Only if Bonnie Langford pressed her arse cheeks on them would I seriously consider it. I would appreciate it if they actually released them properly instead of making them limited edition. All it is is blackmail.

6The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 2nd February 2020, 3:58 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

As part of my plan to get all the DVDs that have episodes not on my VHS tapes, I just went and ordered a copy of The Power of the Daleks.

So now I have:
The Power of the Daleks
The Ice Warriors
The Enemy of the World
The Web of Fear
The Invasion
Shada

And I still need:
The Reign of Terror
The Tenth Planet
The Underwater Menace
The Moonbase
The Macra Terror (But I'm going to have to remove the cover to get rid of the NuPoo logo!)

I also have: The Seeds of Death, Logopolis, and The Five Doctors on DVD because I came across them cheaply at a used bookstore last year.

7The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 15th February 2020, 10:34 pm

Ludders

Ludders

I have everything from Spearhead From Space to Invasion of Time, and all the classic series Dalek stories.
The rest are a mix of copies and downloads, but I basically have everything from the classic series in one form or another.
*That doesn't include TVM which is shit.

8The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 16th February 2020, 8:23 am

iank

iank

I have all the classic Who DVDs, bar maybe a couple of the Revisitations (I don't think I bought the ones with Resurrection, Seeds of Death and the TV Movie in them). Have the Blu rays. Will buy the animations for sure and probably the Blu rays provided I can afford them at the time of release.
Will not buy anything else New Who related.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

9The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 28th February 2020, 4:07 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Amazon are doing limited time deals on some classic who titles. £6 for some of them isn't bad at all. I got paid today so I think I'll take advantage of the deal.

10The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 1st March 2020, 7:48 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

I have all the Classic series DVDs (including the Revisitations and the TVM), plus lots of Reel Time Pictures and BBV Productions stuff, Loose Cannon recons and DVD-R copies of VHS/home-taped material that's not currently available, commercially (The Tom Baker Years, BBC 2's Doctor Who Night, Tom on This Is Your Life, etc.).

The only thing I own remotely Nu-Who related is the Sarah Jane Adventures two-parter 'Death Of The Doctor' included on Disc 2 of The Green Death Special Edition (for years I put-off buying this version because of that particular extra, but eventually gave in).

I don't own a Blu-Ray player and although I'm tempted to upgrade, I don't think I'll bother just yet. I've spent an awful lot of time and money replacing all my VHS tapes with DVD (and in turn, replacing the bog-standard releases with Special Editions and Revisitations) and simply don't want to have to go through all that again with yet another format.  For now.

11The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 1st March 2020, 8:46 am

iank

iank

Oh, I have the DVD of Downtime too. Still think it's underrated/betterthanNewWho.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

12The DVDs Empty Re: The DVDs 6th March 2020, 6:17 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Downtime is great, it feels like it picked up right where season 26 dropped off. I keep expecting McCoy and Ace to show up when I'm watching it.

I just picked up The Underwater Menace, The Beginning (with Unearthly Child, The Daleks, and The Edge of Destruction), and Castrovalva used on DVD. I spotted that lot for about the same price as just a new copy of Underwater Menace, so I figured I'd go for it.

I'm not too excited about the fact that they did recons instead of animations for UWM, but I'm looking forward to seeing episode 2.

The problem with the DVDs is that they're just too damn expensive. I'm hoping that the addition of the BluRays will eventually lower the price of the DVDs. I've picked up over 200 Doctor Who VHS tapes (including a complete set of the all the episodes that were released on VHS, all of the 'years' tapes, and some rare stuff like an NTSC copy of the TV movie, Downtime, and some of the BBV stuff) for probably somewhere around $300 total. If I could get a complete set of the DVDs at around the same price, I would.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum