You are not connected. Please login or register

The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen

4 posters

Cybusmen vs Ironmen

The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen I_vote_lcap0%The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen I_vote_lcap100%The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen I_vote_rcap 100% [ 2 ]
The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen I_vote_lcap0%The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Empty The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen 25th January 2020, 12:56 pm

REDACTED

Whilst it is often agreed that the both the remake series portrayal of the Cybermen was one of the most extreme: reducing them to dumbed down stomping robots. Which was the least crap portrayal of the two?

2The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Empty Re: The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen 25th January 2020, 2:57 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I must've missed the Ironmen.... Unless you mean the redesigned Cybermen of Nightmare in Silver and Dark Water that fly like Tony Stark.... okay I just got onto that, LOL.

The Cybusmen were, I thought, pretty impressive in their first appearance (the cliffhanger to Rise of the Cybermen I thought was very good), until they got defeated by a bloody mobile phone.

Then they just seemed to get reduced to cannon fodder.

The Cyberwoman in Torchwood.... I don't know what to say. The problem is the episode as a whole was such horrid shite all round (not to mention, the most mean-spirited thing Chibnall's ever written IMO), I don't even know if the Cyber-design registers as that big a problem with it in the sea of everything else.

Actually I take that back, she looked bloody ridiculous!

The Ironmen I think at least seemed formiddable, and like they could've been genuinely terrifying if placed in a better episode. They felt closer to the original Cynermen in that they actually seemed to be an ever advancing technology that was constantly evolving to out-do us (whereas the Cybusmen are leftovers from a 2006 creation that's never advanced since).

None of them quite recreate the zombie-like horror of the original Cybermen. The old Cybermen did feel like there genuinely were human beings wrapped underneath all that armour and sheeting. A subtle reminder they weren't just robots. Whereas the New Who Cybermen (except ironically the Cyberwoman), just looked like disposable robots.

3The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Empty Re: The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen 25th January 2020, 4:13 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Tanmann wrote:I must've missed the Ironmen

I thought he meant the Iron Legion.

4The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Empty Re: The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen 25th January 2020, 4:17 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Zarius wrote:
Tanmann wrote:I must've missed the Ironmen

I thought he meant the Iron Legion.

I still need to give that a proper read.

5The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Empty Re: The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen 25th January 2020, 5:26 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I honestly don't know. They all suck.

6The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Empty Re: The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen 25th January 2020, 5:43 pm

REDACTED

Tanmann wrote:None of them quite recreate the zombie-like horror of the original Cybermen. The old Cybermen did feel like there genuinely were human beings wrapped underneath all that armour and sheeting. A subtle reminder they weren't just robots.

I'd say out of all the Cybermen seen in the original series. The Moonbase/Tomb models were the best at conveying the metal zombie feel to them. I also found them much creepy when they were just lurking and standing there as they almost felt very ghostly and supernatural.

The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Vlcsna15
The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Vlcsna16

The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Vlcsna17

The remake series bunch on the other hand had no stealth, menace or just anything about them that said ''These guys were once human''.

7The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Empty Re: The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen 25th January 2020, 6:01 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'd very much agree there.

The Moonbase definitely made them come across like a multi-headed hydra of an enemy.

8The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Empty Re: The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen 26th January 2020, 4:24 pm

REDACTED

Tanmann wrote:I'd very much agree there.

The Moonbase definitely made them come across like a multi-headed hydra of an enemy.

Yeah. I agree with you there.

Hell, even the 80s Cybermen felt more like cyborgs and metal zombies than the new folks.

The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Vlcsna18
The Cybusmen vs The Ironmen Vlcsna18

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum