Which kangs are best?

+4
iank
Tanmann
Ludders
Fendelman
8 posters

Which kangs are best?

Which kangs are best? I_vote_lcap100%Which kangs are best? I_vote_rcap 100% [ 4 ]
Which kangs are best? I_vote_lcap0%Which kangs are best? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Which kangs are best? I_vote_lcap0%Which kangs are best? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Which kangs are best? Empty Which kangs are best? 25th January 2020, 5:09 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

I just got through watching Paradise Towers, and while no great classic, it's not as shit as I remember.

2Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 25th January 2020, 6:17 am

Ludders

Ludders

Yes it is. 😂

3Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 25th January 2020, 6:38 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

My boy Ice Cube always said "just to be safe, don't wear no blue or red."

4Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 25th January 2020, 7:52 am

iank

iank

Red.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 25th January 2020, 9:19 pm

stengos

stengos

I found Pex amusing - nice send up of whatever he was sending up.
Richard Briers was quite good aswell. Could have been really quite sinister - ala Harrison Chase or Nyder. But not.

6Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 25th January 2020, 9:24 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I really like Paradise Towers. The Red Kangs are easily the best and the hottest.

Which kangs are best? ClearcutReasonableBarasinga-size_restricted

7Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 25th January 2020, 9:26 pm

Boofer

Boofer

No.

No Kangs are best.

8Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 26th January 2020, 12:45 am

Ludders

Ludders

Boofer wrote:No.

No Kangs are best.

LOL

9Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 26th January 2020, 12:52 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

It's certainly better than anything from Tom Baker's first season.

10Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 26th January 2020, 1:00 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

Maxil wrote:It's certainly better than anything from Tom Baker's first season.

Not as good as Arc in Space, about equal to Revenge of the Cybermen, better than the others.

11Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 26th January 2020, 1:02 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Fendelman wrote:
Maxil wrote:It's certainly better than anything from Tom Baker's first season.

Not as good as Arc in Space, about equal to Revenge of the Cybermen, better than the others.

It absolutely destroys Revenge of the Cybermen as does every other story in the classic series. Revenge is without a doubt my least favourite classic story. The true definition of a turkey.

12Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 26th January 2020, 1:07 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

Genesis is the low point in season 12 - It's a total snooze-fest, and one of the most overrated stories in all of classic Who (along with Seeds of Doom and Caves of Androzani).

13Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 26th January 2020, 1:12 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Fendelman wrote:Genesis is the low point in season 12 - most overrated story in all of classic Who (along with Seeds of Doom and Caves of Androzani).

I agree with you about Androzani. No amount of fake smoke can hide how truly uninspired those cave sets look. I also find the first part incredibly boring. Kinda, Earthshock, Mawdryn Undead and Enlightenment are much better Davison adventures.

Genesis is the best of Season 12, but I don't consider it to be one of the better Dalek stories. I think it really drags in the middle.

14Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 26th January 2020, 2:07 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

As far as season 12:

Robot is goofy because of what was brought up in another thread - It totally feels like I'm watching Tom Baker in a Jon Pertwee story. If Pertwee did it, it would have made more sense.

Arc in Space is good (easily the best of the season).

Then, Sontaran Experiment, Genesis and Revenge are all just boring as fuck. I would say Revenge of the Cybermen is the least boring of the three.

I think the seasons that follow: 13-20 are exceptionally good and way better than 24, but I'm not all that crazy about 12. To compare 12 and 24: Arc in Space is better than anything in 24, but Time and the Rani and Dragonfire are better than anything in season 12 not Arc in Space.

15Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 26th January 2020, 2:43 am

Boofer

Boofer

Fendelman wrote:Time and the Rani and Dragonfire are better than anything in season 12 not Arc in Space.

LOL You obviously quit being a physics teacher to take the stand up world by storm.LOL

16Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 27th January 2020, 8:03 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Season 11 is arguably even worse than Season 12. The only watchable story is The Time Warrior despite the fact that it introduces one of my least favourite companions ever.

17Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 27th January 2020, 8:28 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Fendelman wrote:Arc in Space.

*ArK Wink

18Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 27th January 2020, 10:19 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Ludders wrote:
Fendelman wrote:Arc in Space.

*ArK Wink

Oops, must have been thinking of Arc of Infinity... Which is > all of season 12 and 24 Big Grin

19Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 27th January 2020, 10:23 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Maxil wrote:Season 11 is arguably even worse than Season 12. The only watchable story is The Time Warrior despite the fact that it introduces one of my least favourite companions ever.

I agree that season 12 is a low point, and season 24 is underrated, but I like 11. I actually like all the stories in season 11. Although, I don't think Sarah Jane worked nearly as well with Jon Pertwee as Jo Grant did, and I spend much of Season 11 wishing they would bring Jo back. But while I liked Romana and Leela better, I did like Sarah with Tom Baker much more than I liked her with Pertwee... And K9 & Co. was better than anything NuWho ever put out.

20Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 27th January 2020, 11:34 pm

REDACTED

Season 12 is the weakest of the Hinchcliffe seasons and certainly has a lot of flaws, namely it doesn't kick off with the markedly different tone as other debut seasons and feels like it takes a while to shake off the previous era's influence but it felt refreshing after the staleness of Season 11.

Robot has gone downhill in my opinion of it overtime. I originally saw it as campy, yet entertaining mess but now I just find it a right old slog to sit through.

The run from The Ark In Space to Genesis Of The Daleks is pretty good and it served as a taster of how great the next two seasons would be.

Revenge Of The Cybermen is truly dire. This one feels more like a recycled Troughton adventure but without the whimsy and zaniness of that era. The Cybermen are rather badly handled and are quite a step down from their menacing 60's days. Utter shite.

Season 12 isn't a bad season but it doesn't hit the highs of the next two. It feels more fresh and bold than Season 11 and introduces the interesting horror elements that they would take, but at the same time, it feels like there is still a struggle in shaking off all the Pertwee era elements. It's a grade C for me.

21Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 27th January 2020, 11:37 pm

iank

iank

It is a very "average" season. Season 18 is more polarising generally, yet it has more of a uniqueness to it. Season 12 has a very generic quality.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

22Which kangs are best? Empty Re: Which kangs are best? 27th January 2020, 11:38 pm

REDACTED

iank wrote:It is a very "average" season. Season 18 is more polarising generally, yet it has more of a uniqueness to it. Season 12 has a very generic quality.

I quite like 18 myself. Like 12, it's bookended by two rather poor tales but I like all the stuff in between.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum