'Major incident' as van hits worshippers

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

'All victims from the Muslim community'
Posted at
8:35
More from that police media briefing at Finsbury Park...

The Met said a 48-year-old man had been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Basu confirmed all of the victims were members of the Muslim community.

One person died at the scene, eight are in hospital and two were treated at the scene for minor injuries.

He did not give many details about the injuries yet but did say two people were "very seriously injured".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40323279

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Chris

Chris

Guys, I'm really worried about burrunjor. Normally he's all over these threads about terrorist attacks.

You don't suppose he's been suicide bombed by a muslamist, has he? How dreadful Sad

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Oh no, not a Muslamist! Man, I hate those guys... Being suicide bumbed would be, like, the worst - or something...

Last time I saw him, he was listening to Amy Winehouse while driving a white van in the Finsbury Park area.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Chris wrote:Guys, I'm really worried about burrunjor. Normally he's all over these threads about terrorist attacks.

You don't suppose he's been suicide bombed by a muslamist, has he? How dreadful Sad

The only thing I could say about this was that I told you so. I have been saying for ages and you can go through my old posts that very soon right wing extremists will take matters into their own hands and kill innocent Muslims, if a proper civil solution isn't given to the problem with Islam in this country, IE the shut down of Islamic faith schools, deportation of any Imam preaching Sharia Law, Sharia courts banned, widespread criticism of Islam like there is for other religions, a limit to immigration from Muslim majority countries where the terrorists are coming from, more support to Muslim reformers like Maajid Nawaz etc.

Of course I am not the only one. All of the major critics of Islam like Pat Condell, Tommy Robinson have been warning of a major right wing backlash if things aren't taken care of properly see here.

This was just a few weeks before the attack on Finsbury Mosque. More attacks like this will happen on both sides.

Chris

Chris

We've been killing Muslims for centuries now but it takes a special kinda of white guy to think they shouldn't retaliate but that it's okay to drive a van into them because they've got their own church.

Fir clarity, the "special kind of white guy" is Darren Osborne, not you. I promise I don't genuinely think you thought this was a good and justifiable event.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Chris wrote:We've been killing Muslims for centuries now but it takes a special kinda of white guy to think they shouldn't retaliate but that it's okay to drive a van into them because they've got their own church.

Fir clarity, the "special kind of white guy" is Darren Osborne, not you. I promise I don't genuinely think you thought this was a good and justifiable event.

I love this idea that all white men, no white people are accountable for things like the Crusades that happened centuries ago, or even the Iraq War, yet Muslims can never be asked to deal with the problematic aspects of their own religion.

Even though Islam is NOT a race, its an ideology, whilst being white is something that you have no control over. That's like saying when the KKK kill someone "oh why didn't you accuse all black people of being murderers because a black guy killed someone last year". Your response to that would be "being black isn't something you choose and it actually has no effect on your personality. Its not an ideology that tells you to do this. Being a member of the KKK however? You have chosen to be a part of a group that advocates racial hatred against black people."

So why then does the same not apply the other way around to brown Muslims? Simple because again its a soft bigotry of low expectations, where we can't hold brown people to the same high moral standard as white people which is racist.

Also what about all the atrocities that Muslims have committed in the past?

After Muhammed died they attack India and slaughtered 90 million people at a time when the entire population of humanity was merely 400 million. In proportion to the rest of humanity that's a worse massacre than either World War. Then there is their brutal slave trade which came before Europe's, lasted a lot longer, and saw the extermination of over 120 million black people.

Also these Muslim terrorists are not retaliating for Western foreign policy. Why are they attacking places like Sweden then? Hell if anything a lot of these extremists have benefited from the fuck ups caused by US foreign policy. The death of Gaddaffi for instance allowed ISIS to gain a footing.

Chris

Chris

All very salient points, but have you considered this?

https://youtu.be/kjUEBsE9zBU

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/23/why-has-italy-been-spared-mass-terror-attacks-in-recent-years

Why has Italy been spared mass terror attacks in recent years?
Experts say Italy has learned harsh lessons from anti-mafia policing, understands dangers of radicalisation in jail, and also relies on surveillance and deportation

“I think we have developed experience in how to deal with a criminal network. We have lots of undercover agents who do a great job of intercepting communication,” she said.

While Italians authorities are seen as having broad powers, police do not have special powers to detain terror suspects without charge. Terror suspects may be held for up to four days without charge, just like any other suspect. However, Italy has been criticised by the European court of human rights for holding defendants too long once they have been charged and are awaiting trial.

Galli said there was no groundswell of concern about whether Italy’s tactics violated civil liberties. The broad use of surveillance – including intercepted communication – is seen as sufficiently targeted to terror and mafia suspects, unlike public criticism in Italy of sweeping data collection methods used in the US and UK.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Man tries to drive car into crowd in front of French mosque, police say
The man said he had wanted to avenge attacks linked to Islamic State that have killed dozens in Paris over the past years, according to Le Parisien newspaper

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jun/29/france-mosque-attack-paris-creteil-car-crowd

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/30/acid-attack-victim-says-he-and-cousin-targeted-because-they-are-muslim-beckton-london

Acid attack victim says he and cousin were targeted because they are Muslim
Jameel Muhktar and Resham Khan suffered severe burns after being attacked while in car at traffic lights in Beckton, east London

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum