What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12?

+4
Boofer
iank
Tanmann
REDACTED
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? Empty What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? 21st January 2020, 9:18 pm

REDACTED

What if Jon Pertwee didn't decide to close shop at UNIT in 1974 and stayed for the first season of the Phillip Hinchcliffe era?

Would he work well with the new darker, horror based tales or would he have been as out of place as Tom Baker in Season 18?

Discuss.

2What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? Empty Re: What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? 21st January 2020, 9:24 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I could see him working in that season's stories easily enough.

Though possibly his big defining speech moments in Ark in Space and Genesis wouldn't be near as iconic (and certinly not as booming) as how Tom delivered them.

3What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? Empty Re: What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? 21st January 2020, 9:45 pm

iank

iank

Yeah, season 12 does seem very Pertwee-esque to me already.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? Empty Re: What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? 21st January 2020, 10:08 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Pertwee wasn't half the actor Tom was. He didn't have that slightly divine, mysterious uncle quality to him, nor the sonorous, rich voice.

Plus he never really connected with Liz Sladen in the same way Tom did. There's not much chemistry between the two, and I'm not sure Pertwee's style would have been suited to having another man in the fam. Razz

The Sontaran Experiment might have suited him better though - all that action, chucking together a little sabotage, and the confrontation with the Marshal at the end. Yeah, I can see it working.

5What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? Empty Re: What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? 22nd January 2020, 2:15 am

Ludders

Ludders

I really liked Jon and Liz together, much more than Manning or Caroline John, even. I thought the chemistry between them developed really nicely during the course of S11. I would've loved for them to have done one more season together, But I do concede that the Tom and Liz pairing was ultimately even better, and somehow, as much as I love Pertwee, I can't quite picture him in Tom's shoes.
As to Jon and Liz; I think I would've liked it better if she'd came on board a year earlier and done S10.

6What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? Empty Re: What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? 22nd January 2020, 4:32 pm

stengos

stengos

Indrid Mercury wrote:What if Jon Pertwee didn't decide to close shop at UNIT in 1974 and stayed for the first season of the Phillip Hinchcliffe era?

Discuss.

There would have been no Harry Sullivan and the season would have been the lesser for it.

Sad

7What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? Empty Re: What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? 23rd January 2020, 12:17 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

If would have been even shittier.

8What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? Empty Re: What if Jon Pertwee did Season 12? 23rd January 2020, 3:43 am

Doctor7

I think he left at the perfect time jo left and his good friend roger Delgado died he was not feeling it anymore

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum