You are not connected. Please login or register

What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? Empty What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? 21st January 2020, 9:18 pm

REDACTED

What if Patrick Troughton decided not to call it an day in 1969 and decided to stay on the first season of the 1970s and Colour Who? Do you think he would have worked well with the new regulars and would he be suitable for the darker grittier tales?

Discuss.

2What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? Empty Re: What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? 23rd January 2020, 10:49 am

REDACTED

I think he would have worked in Spearhead as Pertwee's Doctor was written as more humorous and comical there. He also would have been just as competent conveying the heavier moments of The Silurians and Inferno.

3What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? Empty Re: What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? 23rd January 2020, 11:00 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Actually, Inferno is the one Season 7 story I do struggle envisioning Troughton, or any other Doctor, in. It just seems so indelibly Pertwee's finest hour.

4What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? Empty Re: What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? 23rd January 2020, 2:41 pm

REDACTED

I agree with you there. I just meant that he wouldn't feel out of place and look out of his depth.

Pertwee is really one of the best things about Inferno and I couldn't imagine anyone else in his position.

5What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? Empty Re: What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? 23rd January 2020, 2:43 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ve heard that the first three stories of season 7 were commissioned prior to Pertwee’s casting, so the production team likely had Troughton foremost in their minds. I can see him working in every story of season 7 (even the choices of music more closely resembles that which featured in the Troughton era, bar The Silurians), with the possible exception of Inferno as previously stated. Inferno is the first story where the character utilises Venetian Akido, so I suppose it makes sense.

6What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? Empty Re: What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? 24th January 2020, 6:40 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

"Ambassadors Of Death" and "The Silurians" are the two stories from that season I can envisage Troughton in.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

7What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? Empty Re: What if Patrick Troughton did Season 7? 25th January 2020, 4:56 am

Ludders

Ludders

S7 is known for its gritty realism, and I can’t imagine Troughton being the right fit for the tone of the season.
The show was doing so badly prior to S7, to the point of talking about cancelation. I think the change of actor very much needed, and we might not be here talking about it if Troughton had stayed in the role. He didn’t pack the punch that was needed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum