Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ratings collapse! Empty Ratings collapse! 18th June 2017, 10:05 am

iank

iank

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

2Ratings collapse! Empty Re: Ratings collapse! 18th June 2017, 10:31 am

Zarius

Zarius

Reckon Andrew Cartmel should have written the last scene?

''Come on Missy, we've got work to do''

3Ratings collapse! Empty Re: Ratings collapse! 19th June 2017, 10:42 pm

iank

iank

Empress of Mars got a final rating of 5.0001 million.
Even the fiddled ratings are getting slammed by most of the McCoy era!
LOL LOL LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Ratings collapse! Empty Re: Ratings collapse! 20th June 2017, 8:10 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Empress of Mars got a final rating of 5.0001 million.
Even the fiddled ratings are getting slammed by most of the McCoy era!
LOL LOL LOL

The show is dead no doubt about that. It made me laugh when people were whinning about Kris Marshall taking the role.

Know what the viewing figures were for Kirs's last series of Death in Paradise (great show by the way check it out)

Over 9 Million! And that was overnights. Quite frankly if Kris is the new Doctor then IMO he will be a mug as he'll have left a show watched by almost 5 times as many people to star in a dying show that's a national joke LOL LOL  LOL

Dismal end to a great series, but we know damn well what killed it.

5Ratings collapse! Empty Re: Ratings collapse! 20th June 2017, 12:58 pm

Boofer

Boofer

burrunjor wrote:
The show is dead no doubt about that. It made me laugh when people were whinning about Kris Marshall taking the role.

Know what the viewing figures were for Kirs's last series of Death in Paradise (great show by the way check it out)

Over 9 Million! And that was overnights. Quite frankly if Kris is the new Doctor then IMO he will be a mug as he'll have left a show watched by almost 5 times as many people to star in a dying show that's a national joke LOL LOL  LOL

Because ratings alone determine how big a star you are. LOL LOL LOL

If that was the case then Chico or Stavros Flatley would still be big time. Wink

And yes, I agree that Chris would be a mug to join a flagging show, but only because his mediocre abilities won't be bolstered by superior writing, production and a larger cast of capable regulars any more.

He's better off hiding in the superior Death in Paradise.

6Ratings collapse! Empty Re: Ratings collapse! 20th June 2017, 1:48 pm

Defeatment

What's needed is Netflix. Only Netflix can save the series now.

Hahaha! Just kidding! Those people really piss me off. Every episode in one series to watch in a day?
I couldn't think of a worse hell. You need time between each episode to take in other things. Better shows as well.
Capaldi has been the greatest wasted potential in the entire run.
I won't, but I imagine others might wake up screaming over how interesting things could have been.

7Ratings collapse! Empty Re: Ratings collapse! 20th June 2017, 2:09 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:
burrunjor wrote:

Because ratings alone determine how big a star you are. LOL LOL LOL

If that was the case then Chico or Stavros Flatley would still be big time. Wink

And yes, I agree that Chris would be a mug to join a flagging show, but only because his mediocre abilities won't be bolstered by superior writing, production and a larger cast of capable regulars any more.

He's better off hiding in the superior Death in Paradise.

Well I never said that made him a better actor of course. Case in point I think Capaldi is the second best Nu Who Doctor after Matt and his ratings are tanking!

I don't think Kris is a bad actor though. I don't get why everyone thinks he'd be terrible?

He is naturally quite eccentric, he isn't a young Tennant type so we could rule out the romance drivel we've relished in (though granted that might be a moot point if Bill stays on anyway.), and he already has experience taking over a show that changes its lead every three or so years, and where the lead character is an eccentric, insufferable, Sherlock Holmes style detective that's two steps ahead of everyone and who has a platonic relationship with his feisty, sexy more down to earth, relatable female companion and has a secondary male companion who is a bit of a bumbler but well meaning.

He's an ideal choice IMO.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum