You are not connected. Please login or register

Favourite movie composers?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite movie composers? Empty Favourite movie composers? 20th January 2020, 2:11 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

John Barry

He will forever be the king of movie composers. He always seemed to deliver something special regardless of what was happening.

Danny Elfman

This is the best piece of music Elfman has ever composed. So beautiful and so gentle rather like Winona Ryder herself.

This is very lovely, too. I love the way he incorporates Prince's Scandalous at the beginning into the track.

Michael Kamen

One of the best action movie composers who I don't think ever got the recognition he deserved.

3:14-4:06 is my favourite bit from this excellent track.

The version of the Bond theme between 6:36 and 6:55 is awesome.

Bill Conti

He contributed a lot of inspirational music for the Rocky and Karate Kid films. Sometimes you need to hear this type of music to get the strength you need:

Jerry Goldsmith

I still think the theme for First Blood is one of the best pieces of music ever composed. It is essentially a theme for the loners of the world which I totally relate to.

He was also extremely good at making the action feel that much more exciting.

2Favourite movie composers? Empty Re: Favourite movie composers? 20th January 2020, 2:17 pm

stengos

stengos

John Barry, Hans Zimmer or John Williams.

I can't choose between them although Hansy's later stuff has been a bit non-descript.

3Favourite movie composers? Empty Re: Favourite movie composers? 20th January 2020, 2:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

stengos wrote:John Barry, Hans Zimmer or John Williams.

I can't choose between them although Hansy's later stuff has been a bit non-descript.

My problem with Hans Zimmer is that he comes across as being incredibly lazy at times.

Listen to the 2:17-3:16 section of this track from the 1989 film Black Rain:

Now listen to the bit beginning at 3:40 which is from a score he composed sixteen years later.

The Batman one has slightly more oomph to it, but they both sound exactly the same. Could he not be bothered to compose something new?

4Favourite movie composers? Empty Re: Favourite movie composers? 20th January 2020, 3:09 pm

stengos

stengos

He does plagerise himself. There is a track on Pirates of Penzance that is very similar to one on Gladiator.

I can't post them at the moment as the tablet I am using keeps playing up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum