+5
Pepsi Maxil
iank
Doctor7
Tanmann
REDACTED
9 posters

MALUSCOME

Favorite Davison Two Parter I_vote_lcap27%Favorite Davison Two Parter I_vote_rcap 27% [ 3 ]
Favorite Davison Two Parter I_vote_lcap9%Favorite Davison Two Parter I_vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Favorite Davison Two Parter I_vote_lcap64%Favorite Davison Two Parter I_vote_rcap 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 7:57 pm

REDACTED

Which of Davison's 50 minute filler stories gets your vote?

I'm personally settling on The Awakening. Black Orchid ain't too far behind.

2Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:03 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Black Orchid for me. It had a certain heart and joy de vie to it that too much of the era lacked.

The King's Demons was a bit insipid, sorely inconclusive, and didn't really do the Master many favors.

The Awakening felt a bit of a crammed rush-job to me. It might've had more emotional/dramatic impact as a four-parter.

Black Orchid is mostly the right length though and satisfyingly told.

3Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:05 pm

Doctor7

Black orchid for me just did a review of it on my YouTube channel

4Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:07 pm

REDACTED

Out of them all, I'd agree that Orchid feels the most suitable for the length and wraps itself up nicely whereas The Awakening's biggest fault is that the ending feels quite rushed. I still give it the edge for it's Gothic atmosphere which makes it a standout of the era.

The King's Demons (from memory) was just dull and an anti-climactic end to the season and personally, I think it would've been a better return story for the Meddling Monk.

5Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:20 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:The King's Demons (from memory) was just dull and an anti-climactic end to the season and personally, I think it would've been a better return story for the Meddling Monk.

For all my issues with Resurrection, Season 20 really does feel missing something without it being the finale. And it's a shame The King's Demons became it instead, particularly as it didn't even have a satisfying ending in itself.

Usually I think Dudley had a better handle than most on how to manage the Davison team set-up, but here not so much.

The Monk being in it instead would've been a welcome element and a nice change from the Master. But I guess the makers just decided to go with familiarity instead.

6Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:30 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Doctor7 wrote:Black orchid for me just did a review of it on my YouTube channel

Link?

7Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:35 pm

iank

iank

Awakening, though it and Black Orchid are both classics in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:42 pm

Doctor7

9Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:47 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pretty good review. Smile

10Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:51 pm

Doctor7

Thanks

11Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:53 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I enjoyed your review and agree with your overall evaluation of the story.

12Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 8:54 pm

REDACTED

A rather good review mate. A lot of good points you make. Smile

13Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 9:04 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Easy choice - The Awakening. Great little story, as opposed to Black Orchid which is bland, and King's Demons which is way beyond bland.

14Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 9:31 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

The Awakening is probably the best of the bunch by a mere inch, with Black Orchid trailing very close behind. The King’s Demons is just a complete waste of time and extremely lazy on every level.

15Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 10:11 pm

stengos

stengos

The Awakening. It felt more polished than either of the others.

16Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 19th January 2020, 11:35 pm

Doctor7

Thanks guys for your feedback

17Favorite Davison Two Parter Empty Re: Favorite Davison Two Parter 20th January 2020, 3:04 am

Fendelman

Fendelman

I actually think pretty highly of all 3, but I'm going to go with the underdog here and vote for King's Demons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum