+5
Bernard Marx
REDACTED
iank
Tanmann
Fendelman
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 12th January 2020, 8:00 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

A friend once asked me this hypothetical question: What if there were this time traveling mouse (I don't know why it was a mouse), who could take ancient texts back in time so that they would never be seen again, and swap them for other texts that have since been lost, what would you swap?

So my question here is how much of new who would you swap, and for what missing episodes?

Personally, I wouldn't mind if he took away the entirety of it and never came back with anything, but I think 12 seasons of new who for: maybe, a 10 second clip of the Feast of Steven would be more than fair. I think asking for the whole episode might be a bit much. And as for asking for all the missing episodes of Master Plan, I think the mouse might tell me to fuck off and not take away the new who at all, so this might be a mistake.

If I took the question more seriously and just picked one story to trade for another, I'd trade Long Game and Bad Wolf for the missing episodes in Evil and Abominable Snowmen.

2Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 12th January 2020, 8:27 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

There isn't much of New Who I'd be that sad to lose. Even the best stories it has to offer have usually been done much better in Big Finish audios.

I would definitely be comfortable sacrificing Love & Monsters and everything after Into the Dalek.

Ideally I'd most want to save all three of the missing Dalek stories, and episode 3 of Web of Fear, just for completion purposes. Marco Polo would probably be nice to see fully too.

3Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 12th January 2020, 8:29 pm

iank

iank

All of it for Marco Polo. Or anything, really.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 12th January 2020, 8:34 pm

REDACTED

All of it for the Hartnell and Troughton eras in their complete form.

5Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 12th January 2020, 9:19 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

All of it for the entirety of 60s Who.

Fuck it- I’d rather trade in all of NuWho for one episode of The Space Pirates. That’s how perplexingly shite it is overall.

6Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 12th January 2020, 9:31 pm

Mott1

Mott1

All of Nu Who for an extended remix of Doctors In Distress (complete with a Sylv solo on the spoons).

7Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 8:46 am

Ludders

Ludders

Bernard Marx wrote:All of it for the entirety of 60s Who.

Fuck it- I’d rather trade in all of NuWho for one episode of The Space Pirates. That’s how perplexingly shite it is overall.

This.

8Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 10:32 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'd exchange all of NuWho and the majority of the Hinchcliffe era for the missing episodes of The Underwater Menace.

9Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 10:56 am

Ludders

Ludders

Well if we’re now bringing Classic Who into it, I’d swap the entire 80s for the rest of The Moonbase. 😆

10Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 10:58 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’d rather not swap any of TruWho, but if we’re playing that game, I’d swap all of the Davison era (bar Caves of Androzani), season 23 and season 24 for episode 12 of The Daleks’ Master Plan.

11Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 11:07 am

Ludders

Ludders

I’d swap S17 for 17 more seconds of DMP. 😂

12Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 11:09 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Ludders wrote:Well if we’re now bringing Classic Who into it, I’d swap the entire 80s for the rest of The Moonbase. 😆

A man after my own heart Big Grin

13Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 11:14 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Bernard Marx wrote:I’d rather not swap any of TruWho, but if we’re playing that game, I’d swap all of the Davison era (bar Caves of Androzani), season 23 and season 24 for episode 12 of The Daleks’ Master Plan.

Okay in all seriousness I would probably keep Trial, and much of the Davison era. I'd only really want to lose Warriors and about half the Master or Adric stories (I could take or leave Arc of Infinity but I wouldn't miss it). Season 24 I'd happily lose too.

14Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 11:41 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Ludders wrote:Well if we’re now bringing Classic Who into it, I’d swap the entire 80s for the rest of The Moonbase. 😆

A man after my own heart Big Grin

You lot are just being silly now. You'd seriously exchange the likes of Earthshock, Remembrance and Fenric to see more of André Maranne's comical expressions?

LOL

15Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 11:52 am

Ludders

Ludders

No, we're just playing the game you started. 😎

16Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 12:00 pm

stengos

stengos

I would swap all of New Who for any missing episodes.
I would not swap any classic who for missing episodes, even the stories or seasons I don't much care for. To me everything up to 1989 is a complete package to be left intact.

17Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 16th January 2020, 9:11 pm

iank

iank

Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

18Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? Empty Re: Swap New Who for Missing Episodes? 17th January 2020, 3:29 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Tanmann wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:I’d rather not swap any of TruWho, but if we’re playing that game, I’d swap all of the Davison era (bar Caves of Androzani), season 23 and season 24 for episode 12 of The Daleks’ Master Plan.

Okay in all seriousness I would probably keep Trial, and much of the Davison era. I'd only really want to lose Warriors and about half the Master or Adric stories (I could take or leave Arc of Infinity but I wouldn't miss it). Season 24 I'd happily lose too.
I wouldn’t genuinely swap the entire era- I don’t mind most of it, and its highlights are very high indeed. As I said previously, I’d rather not remove any of TruWho. My decision there was purely based on my having to swap whatever portion of TruWho I would if forced to.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum