+5
Kaijuko
Ludders
iank
stengos
Pepsi Maxil
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 6th January 2020, 11:48 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Nicholas Rowe in Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)

Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Rowe10

2Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 7th January 2020, 12:25 am

stengos

stengos

Douglas Wilmer or Peter Cushing from the 1960's BBC TV Series'.

Basil Rathbone was also first rate.

A lot of people like Jeremy Brett but i often found his acting a bit strange. Entertaining show though.

I like Cumberbatch as an actor but i dislike the writing of many of the stories in that series.

On the radio I thought Clive Merrison was excellent.

I never saw Young Sherlock sorry so cannot comment on Nicholas Rowe.

3Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 7th January 2020, 12:43 am

iank

iank

Of the traditional ones, Brett by a landslide.

I love Jonny Lee Miller's modern Sherlock in Elementary though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 11th January 2020, 6:03 am

Ludders

Ludders

I like Cushing, but Brett is the best.

5Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 11th January 2020, 11:41 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

Colour me predictable but I'm going to have to choose Jeremy Brett. I like Peter Cushing very much in the Hammer Films version of The Hound of The Baskervilles but I've never seen the 1968 Sherlock Holmes TV series, also featuring Cushing.  What about dear old Tom Baker in the 1982 BBC The Hound Of The Baskerville mini-series?

6Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 11th January 2020, 1:55 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Brett, Rathbone.

In that order.

7Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 11th January 2020, 2:58 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

stengos wrote:
I never saw Young Sherlock sorry so cannot comment on Nicholas Rowe.

Definitely worth a watch. Rowe is effortlessly charming as a young, eager Sherlock who investigates a series of mysterious suicides with his new pal Watson. Harry Potter director Chris Columbus is the writer.

Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Sherlo10

8Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 11th January 2020, 3:16 pm

REDACTED

Nicholas Rowe. Young Sherlock Holmes was one of my favorite films as a kid and it still remains one of my favorites to watch in winter.

Also I don't know if its just me but I also get a bit of a young Tom Baker vibe from him in his physical appearance .

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 11th January 2020, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 11th January 2020, 3:21 pm

RussellIsLord

RussellIsLord

Cumberbatch. As poor as his Doctor Who was after the GLORIOUS RTD years, Moffat really redefined Sherlock for a modern generation and Cumberbatch helped with that. Big Grin

Seriously, you guys should open your eyes on how good modern BBC shows are. Rolling Eyes

10Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 12th January 2020, 8:30 am

iank

iank

I enjoy Young Sherlock Holmes too. A childhood fave.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

11Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal?  Empty Re: Favourite Sherlock Homes portrayal? 12th January 2020, 11:52 am

Mott1

Mott1

Agree that Brett was great, much as Suchet is the definitive Poirot. Rowe was also very good in YSH, a really underrated film with charm, humour, respect for the characters, genuine creepiness and intelligence.

There must be hundreds of Holmes by now. Michael Caine played an amusing 'fake' one opposite Ben Kingsley's frustrated Watson. Also sure Edward Woodward played him.

Has anyone seen the Will Ferrell one, the reviews are intriguingly appalling?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum