Ken Grubshaw
Rob Filth
burrunjor
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1World War 3? Empty World War 3? 3rd January 2020, 5:07 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

How far do you think Trump's latest moronic action will lead? I don't think there will be a full scale war, but I do think that he has set things back a good twenty years. The biggest fear is another major terror attack like 9/11 now.

2World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 3rd January 2020, 5:40 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

burrunjor wrote:How far do you think Trump's latest moronic action will lead?

Nuclear war probably.

Israel will go first, followed by Iran.

This is what Brexit was all about.

It's all very well the British moralising asking for calm, but when we've basically told the EU to fuck right off, we're consequently in it up to our necks now.

We're Uncle Sams bitch.

Trump will gently remind us that we have to play loyal poodle or "no-trade deal for you limeys".

Last edited by Rob Filth on 3rd January 2020, 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

3World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 3rd January 2020, 7:11 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

burrunjor wrote:How far do you think Trump's latest moronic action will lead? I don't think there will be a full scale war, but I do think that he has set things back a good twenty years. The biggest fear is another major terror attack like 9/11 now.

It's very strange, because if this was a member of ISIS Trump had assassinated via a drone strike, I'd be all for it. Anything that helps exterminate them and their evil ideology I'm all for.

Hamas and Hezbollah are probably no better, so maybe this guy was no better (if I was an Israeli, maybe I would see him in completely the same light). And yet the arbitrary ruthlessness of the assassination does sit very ill with me, it does seem completely disproportionate, and points to a mad dog, sabre-rattling approach that I just plain don't like. Indeed, like what happened to Qaddafi, it points to the lethal creep of drone warfare that was often warned about, and the danger that it might be used stupidly for purposes other than just exterminating Al-Qaeda.

As for whether it'll lead to another 9/11, well I think it's maybe worth pointing out that 9/11 itself was never any retaliation to America's injustices against the world. It was always just an evil act of religious extremism by evil men who were intolerant of the best things about the liberal West, rather than the worst.

Also security was lax concerning the 9/11 attackers because many of them were Saudi citizens who had a degree of immunity. I think American security will be a lot tighter when it comes to those with Iranian terror links.

4World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 3rd January 2020, 7:15 pm

Ken Grubshaw

Ken Grubshaw

"World War 3?"

I wasn't aware there was a second one.

5World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 3rd January 2020, 10:50 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

6World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 3rd January 2020, 11:57 pm

Mott1

Mott1

I rang into James O'Brien's show a few weeks ago whilst I had a week off! Very nice man; then again we were largely in agreement...

7World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 4th January 2020, 4:45 pm

stengos

stengos

No. Not world war III.

Maybe a stand off with Russia in the region but not leading to WWIII.

Maybe another war between Israel and its neighbours but again - no WWIII.

Maybe more terrorist attacks aimed at Western States - USA, UK, France - but not WWIII.

I do think this could cost Trump the election though. As far as i recall he was at least partially elected on a "bring the boys back home" ticket. So i think ramping up the tension in the middle east is surely going to cost him significant levels support.

8World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 4th January 2020, 5:28 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

stengos wrote:I do think this could cost Trump the election though. As far as i recall he was at least partially elected on a "bring the boys back home" ticket. So i think ramping up the tension in the middle east is surely going to cost him significant levels support.

In the long run, probably. But if anything, at the moment it seems to have struck a patriotic fervor in his support base, given how long Iran has been a despised enemy that many think has been allowed off the hook by previous administrations for too long.

It doesn't help that the anti-Trump crowd are making the usual virtue-signalling embarrassment of themselves on Twitter, and embarrassing the anti-war case with it.

9World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 8th January 2020, 12:39 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

So Iran has (justifiably, given the US committed an act of terrorism against them) started firing missiles at the US bases.

10World War 3? Empty Re: World War 3? 9th January 2020, 12:17 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum