You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you talk to yourself when you're alone?

+4
The First Doctor
iank
Bernard Marx
Tanmann
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you talk to yourself when you're alone? Empty Do you talk to yourself when you're alone? 20th December 2019, 6:39 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Sometimes I have full-blown arguments with myself LOL

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

It's been a habit since childhood.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Yep. I do it all the time. I probably ought to do so less frequently (especially in public), but it’s a habit of mine that has yet to dwindle.

iank

iank

It's the only way I get any intelligent conversation. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Do you talk to yourself when you're alone? Empty Re: Do you talk to yourself when you're alone? 21st December 2019, 12:13 am

The First Doctor

The First Doctor

Been doing if for as long as I can remember. Once talked myself through everything I needed to know for an exam.

6Do you talk to yourself when you're alone? Empty Re: Do you talk to yourself when you're alone? 21st December 2019, 12:14 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm probably the last person I should be talking or listening to.

7Do you talk to yourself when you're alone? Empty Re: Do you talk to yourself when you're alone? 21st December 2019, 12:52 am

Boofer

Boofer

Not so much self talk, more self-rehearsal for tricky situations. I try to imagine the types of responses I might get and how I might counter them or overcome objections.

I was told by a psychologist these types of things are totally normal. She told me what isn't normal is when it's involuntary i.e. voices in the head, or compulsive overthinking and planning.

Ludders

Ludders

Sometimes, but never much beyond a few mutterings.
A sigh of relief and a 'Thank fuck for that', under my breath after a tough night shift. 😂

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Yes, me and my other alts.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I'm fully aware that I do it. I just like to keep myself company.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I'm fully aware that I do it. I just like to keep myself company.

I'm very good at keeping myself company. I'm sure I'll agree. Am I watching Doctor Who tonight?

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:I'm fully aware that I do it. I just like to keep myself company.

I'm very good at keeping myself company. I'm sure I'll agree. Am I watching Doctor Who tonight?

Probably not. I don't need the extra aggravation, do I?

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:

Probably not. I don't need the extra aggravation, do I?

I certainly don't.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum