You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas Invasion opinions

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christmas Invasion opinions Empty Christmas Invasion opinions 1st December 2019, 1:47 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

David Tennant’s opening story is often regarded as the best of the Christmas specials (not that this is saying much at all) and a reasonable introduction to Tennant’s Doctor, but what does the forum think of it? I’ve never liked it at all, quite honestly, though I will update my thoughts after a later re-watch. It’s appallingly directed, the script isn’t up to much at all (and is populated by usual popularist references “Sorry- that’s the Lion King”), and there’s a bizarre lethargy to it that brings it down considerably. It could just be down to how lousy the direction often is (a staple of series 2- the cinematography is often very stilted and lazy, perhaps a result of the series’ budget increase encouraging the production team to avoid being arsed, though I suppose this is an issue with series 1 as well).

2Christmas Invasion opinions Empty Re: Christmas Invasion opinions 1st December 2019, 8:43 pm

iank

iank

I wasn't big on this at the time, finding it very unWho in style and execution, and it's aged appallingly.
Unwatchable, to be honest.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Christmas Invasion opinions Empty Re: Christmas Invasion opinions 1st December 2019, 8:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

So bad it even sent the Doctor to sleep!

4Christmas Invasion opinions Empty Re: Christmas Invasion opinions 1st December 2019, 9:45 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Haven't seen this in ages, but I seem to remember thinking it wasn't bad until the Doctor wakes up. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum