Doctor7
Pepsi Maxil
Bernard Marx
iank
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Doctor7

Which story is better timelash or warriors of the deep?

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Both are unbelievably shite, but Warriors is on a disgusting levels of horrible. I'd watch a thousand Timelash, a thousand End of Time, a thousand Horns of Nimon, a thousand Time and the Rani over one Warriors of the Deep.

Doctor7

Including silver nemesis watch that over warriors English giraffe

iank

iank

Probably Timelash.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’d go for Timelash. It’s shite, but more entertainingly so than Warriors, and isn’t anywhere near as dour in its execution. It’s poor quality is mainly due to abysmal production values, abundantly hammy acting (although Darrow is admittedly rather amusing in just how over the top he is) and dreadful direction- it’s not completely awful as a script and certainly less so than Warriors, though does require editing when it comes to world building and the characterisation of its guest cast.

The story also doesn’t mischaracterise the Doctor as plainly (as already explored elsewhere by Tanmann, Giraffe and myself), which is another point in its favour over Warriors.

REDACTED

Timelash.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Timelash. One of my favourite Colin Baker stories. I always seem to watch it over Christmas for some reason. It might be the tinsel in the Timelash that does it Big Grin

Doctor7

Ok I need to check out timelash now I never have actually seen the full episode

REDACTED

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Timelash. One of my favourite Colin Baker stories. I always seem to watch it over Christmas for some reason. It might be the tinsel in the Timelash that does it Big Grin  

Same here! Big Grin

Ludders

Ludders

At least you can get a laugh out of Warriors. Timelash is not even funny, it's just dull as fuck.

stengos

stengos

Warriors of the Deep.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Timelash.

At least it had moments of charm, whilst Warriors was just unbearably humorless and moronic.

Also, Timelash wasn't a complete insult to anyone who's ever had to live through war.

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Undoubted "Warriors" - a much misaligned classic.

Had the directing and acting been up to scratch and the damn lights turned down a bit, this would've been a good creepy suspenseful thriller.

Great moralistic tone to the story which gets up the nose of jingoistic warmongers gives it extra kudos points.

It never fails to entertain by still winding up Sadako after over 35 years later so how can it fail but to be elevated to Classic Status?

9/10 (loses a point for poor execution/delivery)

"Timelash" is a fun pantomime. It's one of the few panto-type stories which work("Paradise Towers" perhaps being the other one)

It's largely inconsequential and throwaway though, although the singing androids are great.

5/10

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Another thing I would say is that Timelash at least felt like its own story.

There's a video on youtube that details how the original cut of Star Wars: A New Hope was terrible and there was a lot of pointless scenes they had to edit out that were slowing up the film in order to make it into the successful complete package it became. It was the editors performing the final, crucial rewrite to the film that made it work.

Warriors of the Deep feels not only like something impossible to save in the edit, but almost like someone decided twelve years after The Silurians and The Sea Devils, to film brand new unwanted, unrefined extra raw footage to those already told stories and pass it off as decent television.

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Timelash rocks. Also, how cute is Vena?!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum