Bernard Marx
Tanmann
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
REDACTED
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Newest Retcon Empty Newest Retcon 24th November 2019, 8:35 pm

REDACTED

Apparently the 2020 NYD special will now explain that the Hartnell-Capaldi cycle was a second cycle and there was 13 female incarnations before.

What do you think of this? (Dumb question, but then again that is my speciality Wink )

Last edited by Indrid Mercury on 24th November 2019, 8:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 24th November 2019, 8:36 pm

iank

iank

Um, no...

I think New Who has long since lost any claim to canonicity now and seems intent on committing suicide and trying to take the original show with it. Sadly, as much as its Commie makers desperately want to, they can't.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 24th November 2019, 8:38 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Even NewWho wouldn't be this stupid to do this. I don't even like the idea of the Morbius Doctors or The Doctor being The Other/Gallifreyans being created in test tubes instead of being born naturally. It's too canon-destroying, even for NewWho standards.

4Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 24th November 2019, 8:49 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Indrid Mercury wrote:Apparently the 2020 NYD special will now explain that the Hartnell-Capaldi cycle was a second cycle and there was 13 female incarnations before.

What do you think of this?

I only hope I'm past caring enough by then.

5Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 24th November 2019, 8:54 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I too will likely be past caring, and would likely just find it funny if it happened. I’m somewhat hoping it does, if only to discredit this bollocks completely.

My only bit of genuine curiosity would be seeing how the rest of Who fandom invested in NuWho responded to it- would there be any outcry, or would they remain their usual sheeplike selves?

6Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 24th November 2019, 9:02 pm

iank

iank

Any still remaining by now do nothing but go "Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 24th November 2019, 9:31 pm

Zarius

Zarius

This was a wild rumour spread during a period of many wild rumours, and was made popular by the ever rising Doomcock on Youtube. I doubt there's much truth to it.

If true, it just means The Other was a woman LOL

8Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 24th November 2019, 11:55 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

I don't think its true at all. Even Chinballs wouldn't go that far. I kind of hope it is, as surely if they did that then New Who would have to be wiped from canon?

Its worth mentioning though that Moffhack already made out that there was at least one pre Hartnell female Doctor in Hell Bent. Pissy Missy said three things in the awful Dalek two parter, one of which was she knew the Doctor when he was a little girl, and then said that one of those was a lie. In Hell Bent the 12th Doctor later mentions another of the three things Missy said being a lie.

Here it is.

Moffhack wrote:

Awful Dalek two parter

CLARA: Since when do you care about the Doctor?
MISSY: Since always. Since the Cloister Wars. Since the night he stole the moon and the President's wife. Since he was a little girl. One of those was a lie. Can you guess which one?

Hellbent

DOCTOR: Ah, no, he didn't tell anyone anything. He went completely mad. Never right in the head again, so they say.
CLARA: Okay, that's encouraging.
DOCTOR: The last I heard, he stole the moon and the President's wife.
CLARA: Was she, er, Was she nice, the President's wife?
DOCTOR: Ah, well, that was a lie put about by the Shabogans. It was the President's daughter. I didn't steal the moon, I lost it

So there Moffhack already has more or less made out that there was a pre Hartnell female incarnation which, going by Time of the Doctor means that there must have been a cycle of 13 before him.

9Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 25th November 2019, 3:15 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

So, they're now making out the sex change to be a big deal, a defining trait of each 'cycle'? Basically the opposite of the 'why couldn't he be a woman' justification?

Oh, I don't fucking know, none of this makes sense at all. Not like that argument ever did.

To be honest the idea of previous incarnations seems essentially obvious, and my own interpretation is most extensive than even that - but these are things that simply should not be touched, leave them as subtext - very covert subtext that the audience can interpret in their own way.

I just can't stand the narcissism of the NuWho writers. It isn't your work you bunch of cunts.

This kind of disrespect is why I cannot comprehend people who still conflate NuWho with the old.

10Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 25th November 2019, 3:18 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Zarius wrote:the ever rising Doomcock

LOL LOL LOL

11Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 25th November 2019, 4:12 pm

Doctor7

It is a awful idea luckily for us doctor who truly ended after tru who.

12Newest Retcon Empty Re: Newest Retcon 25th November 2019, 4:24 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

TiberiusDidNothingWrong wrote:So, they're now making out the sex change to be a big deal, a defining trait of each 'cycle'? Basically the opposite of the 'why couldn't he be a woman' justification?

It's also the complete opposite of the explanation offered by the Moffat era, which went out of its way to emphasise that the change was completely random and could happen within cycles. As if their disregard for TruWho canon wasn't bad enough, they don't even respect each other enough to maintain basic continuity with what the show was saying less than two years ago. I hope the rumour turns out to be true. The more people see this unworthy, illegitimate successor for what it truly is, the better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]