You are not connected. Please login or register

Where were you and what were you doing when 9/11 happened?

+11
Mott1
Rob Filth
Boofer
Bernard Marx
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Ludders
iank
Doctor7
Pepsi Maxil
Tanmann
TiberiusDidNothingWrong
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

I disagree. America by the time of the attack had already killed thousands with their idiotic foreign policy. International law was simply ignoring the country's growing number of atrocities.

Retaliation was certainly justifiable giving the horrors the yanks had inflicted.

Now, again I reiterate, I am saying it was understandable and deserving to be attacked. I am not saying however that it should have happened.

Case in point, given actions since, I strongly feel America deserves drone strikes against its own people, since its people allowed its government to do just that against others. Doesn't mean I think it should happen.

View it like a school bully. You believe the bully deserves the worst thing in the world to happen to them because they are a bully. But, then you wouldn't want to see something happen to them because that would make you as bad as them.

So that's my view with the US. I believe it deserves everything that happened or will happen. But I still disagree that it should/needed to happen. I would much prefer to find a peaceful means of removing the US from the global picture, be it sanctions, crippling the economy, or simply the rest of the word putting isolation measures against it. Anything that stops its political and military interference with the rest of the world.

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Genkimonk wrote:I disagree. America by the time of the attack had already killed thousands with their idiotic foreign policy. International law was simply ignoring the country's growing number of atrocities.

Retaliation was certainly justifiable giving the horrors the yanks had inflicted.

Now, again I reiterate, I am saying it was understandable and deserving to be attacked. I am not saying however that it should have happened.

Case in point, given actions since, I strongly feel America deserves drone strikes against its own people, since its people allowed its government to do just that against others. Doesn't mean I think it should happen.

View it like a school bully. You believe the bully deserves the worst thing in the world to happen to them because they are a bully. But, then you wouldn't want to see something happen to them because that would make you as bad as them.

So that's my view with the US. I believe it deserves everything that happened or will happen. But I still disagree that it should/needed to happen. I would much prefer to find a peaceful means of removing the US from the global picture, be it sanctions, crippling the economy, or simply the rest of the word putting isolation measures against it. Anything that stops its political and military interference with the rest of the world.

I suffered quite a lot of bullies in my youth. Most I would forgive now. Some still make me angry to think of. And maybe about three of which I still honestly think I'd be happy and would sleep better at night if they were dead, because to this day I think they were genuinely psychopaths and that the world would be a better, safer place without them.

Trouble with applying your analogy to 9/11, is that it's like you're saying because there's a nasty school bully in one school, then the entire school deserves to be Columbined.

America has done a lot of unforgivable shit, but in the realms of diabolical evil, no bombing campaign it's launched ever involved trapping innocent passengers in the missiles it dropped.

To say that 9/11 was retaliation is to suggest that Al-Qaeda were ever interested in the injustices the West has committed. No, Al-Qaeda's just an evil, sick outfit who's grievances are entirely religious and based in barbarism. They may pay some lip-service to the Palestinian cause. But they didn't give a shit that their lucrative funds could be better spent on charities to help the Third World or refugees. They didn't give a shit that destroying the World Trade Center might devastate the global economy to the point where it would have horrific repercussions on the millions in the Third World who were barely surviving as it was.

They didn't give a shit about liberating Iraq from us. Only in bombing and terrorizing its population all the more.

Infact if you're saying America deserved to be attacked by this 'avenging' perpetrator, does that mean Nairobi deserved to be attacked too, and Sweden?

As for America's drone warfare, I'm afraid I see nothing wrong, at least on paper, with using drone warfare to hunt and exterminate Al-Qaeda and ISIS. Of all options it seems the best way to achieve that whilst minimizing collateral. Though I grant in practice it's often turned out to do nothing of the kind.

But for that matter it seems strange to me that you have such anger at how the US has waged the War on Terror, but seem happy to excuse the terrorists who actually started that war and made a lot of that warfare and collateral damage happen.

stengos

stengos

I was at a job interview in Wokingham, England. The interviewer was showing me round. As he demonstrated their computer systems to me he went on the BBC news sight and they were reporting the plane crash at the Two Towers.
I'm afraid my reaction was not very sophisticated. I just thought 'bloody hell' and said very little.

stengos

stengos

I was at a job interview in Wokingham, England. The interviewer was showing me round. As he demonstrated their computer systems to me he went on the BBC news site and they were reporting the plane crash at the Two Towers.
I'm afraid my reaction was not very sophisticated. I just thought 'bloody hell' and said very little.

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Tanmann wrote:
Genkimonk wrote:I disagree. America by the time of the attack had already killed thousands with their idiotic foreign policy. International law was simply ignoring the country's growing number of atrocities.

I suffered quite a lot of bullies in my youth. Most I would forgive now. Some still make me angry to think of. And maybe about three of which I still honestly think I'd be happy and would sleep better at night if they were dead, because to this day I think they were genuinely psychopaths and that the world would be a better, safer place without them.

Trouble with applying your analogy to 9/11, is that it's like you're saying because there's a nasty school bully in one school, then the entire school deserves to be Columbined.

America has done a lot of unforgivable shit, but in the realms of diabolical evil, no bombing campaign it's launched ever involved trapping innocent passengers in the missiles it dropped.

To say that 9/11 was retaliation is to suggest that Al-Qaeda were ever interested in the injustices the West has committed. No, Al-Qaeda's just an evil, sick outfit who's grievances are entirely religious and based in barbarism. They may pay some lip-service to the Palestinian cause. But they didn't give a shit that their lucrative funds could be better spent on charities to help the Third World or refugees. They didn't give a shit that destroying the World Trade Center might devastate the global economy to the point where it would have horrific repercussions on the millions in the Third World who were barely surviving as it was.

They didn't give a shit about liberating Iraq from us. Only in bombing and terrorizing its population all the more.

Infact if you're saying America deserved to be attacked by this 'avenging' perpetrator, does that mean Nairobi deserved to be attacked too, and Sweden?

As for America's drone warfare, I'm afraid I see nothing wrong, at least on paper, with using drone warfare to hunt and exterminate Al-Qaeda and ISIS. Of all options it seems the best way to achieve that whilst minimizing collateral. Though I grant in practice it's often turned out to do nothing of the kind.

But for that matter it seems strange to me that you have such anger at how the US has waged the War on Terror, but seem happy to excuse the terrorists who actually started that war and made a lot of that warfare and collateral damage happen.

I do have a lot of anger towards the US. There continued support of Isreal and interference in the middle east worries me greatly as I have family there.

M mainy beef is that I simply hate the fact the yanks march into any country they want, ignoring international law, and kill whoever they want. They don't even try seeking approval beforehand. I do not accept the US as a global police. I view them as the worst terrorists on the planet.

Now, I disagree with what these terrorists groups do in their own countries. But I'm a non interventionist. The affairs of another country are not ours to interfere with unless asked to do so.

I also believe that many of these groups have come about as a direct consequence of American interference.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum