Boofer
iank
Bernard Marx
Pepsi Maxil
REDACTED
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 20th February 2020, 10:18 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

If you'd bothered to watch the video you would have seen the obvious connection between my ratings comment and the Rob video Wink

27Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 20th February 2020, 10:28 pm

Ludders

Ludders

I don't need to watch a home made video of an online conversation between two people on a Dr Who forum to recognise when someone is presenting decontextualised information.
If I want to do that, I'll listen to the government's presentation of the unemployment figures. 😂

28Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 20th February 2020, 11:41 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Time and the Rani 10/10 (4th favourite of all time)
Paradise Towers 8.5/10
Delta and the Bannermen 10/10 (3rd favourite of all time)
Dragonfire 5/10

29Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 20th February 2020, 11:44 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:I don't need to watch a home made video of an online conversation between two people on a Dr Who forum to recognise when someone is presenting decontextualised information.
If I want to do that, I'll listen to the government's presentation of the unemployment figures. 😂

Does the chap in your profile picture have a stick lodged up his backside? What a moody git.

30Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 21st February 2020, 1:16 am

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil Foley wrote:
Ludders wrote:I don't need to watch a home made video of an online conversation between two people on a Dr Who forum to recognise when someone is presenting decontextualised information.

Does the chap in your profile picture have a stick lodged up his backside? What a moody git.

What does that have to do with anything?

31Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 21st February 2020, 1:45 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Ludders wrote:
Pepsi Maxil Foley wrote:

What does that have to do with anything?

Indeed.

I don't think one has to be a 'moody git' to see Season 24 is actually not much fun at all, and rather it's just desperate and inane for the most part.

Last edited by Tanmann on 21st February 2020, 2:02 am; edited 2 times in total

32Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 21st February 2020, 2:00 am

Ludders

Ludders

When people declare that a person has no taste because someone doesn't like the same things as they do, you know they either don't understand subjectivity, or they're just sensitive, easily butthurt types.
Personally, I don't feel the need to get super defensive about the Hinchcliffe or Pertwee eras; partly because they don't need my defence, but mostly because I don't actually mind people not liking the same things as me.
Having said that, I understand why people feel the need to defend S24, coz they know it needs all the help it can get. 😂

33Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 21st February 2020, 2:04 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

True. They tend to just end up reinforcing the crude, infantile nature of what they're defending by being themselves so infantile about it.

Also, that particular Rob and Rani video Maxil cited is just shit.

Some of the others are comedy gold, but that one I barely see the point of sitting through.

34Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 21st February 2020, 2:10 am

Ludders

Ludders

I've never watched a single Rob and Rani video. I was there on the forums in question at the time, so you might I witnessed them live, so I don't news to buy the record, so to speak. Lol

Anyway Maxil, if you think of Rodders as short for Rodney (a la Fools and Horses), then Ludders might give you a clue to the identity of the person in my profile pic.. ;-)

35Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 21st February 2020, 6:40 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Ludders wrote:I've never watched a single Rob and Rani video. I was there on the forums in question at the time, so you might I witnessed them live
Ludders doesn't go in for repeats.

To be honest, most people got a fucking headache from myself and Ranis relentless bickering.

We got thrown off a few forums for it.(well I did anyway, Rani always seemed to escape the same scrutiny being applied from the mods, the fucking crawler)

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

36Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 21st February 2020, 9:54 pm

The Brigade Leader

The Brigade Leader

I have to say that although I will never be a huge fan of Season 24, as I grow older I do become fonder of it.
One thing's for certain despite all of its shortcomings it's a lot more digestible and fun than season 23.

Time & The Rani 4/10 - It's great to have a likeable Doctor again, even if the story is pure panto.

Paradise Towers 5/10 - Richard Briars was explicitly told by JNT and Nick Mallett to ham it up,so no blame on him, and the rest of the cast whether you like their performances or not are first rate - Cornwell,Spriggs,Merrison.. With a different producer and director this could actually have been a dark classic.

Delta and the Bannermen 7/10 - Very Fun, lets make this baby fly!

Dragonfire 4/10 - My personal clunker of the series, never been a fan of this one, despite the return of Glitz (who between Mysterious Planet and this, changed from a killer into a lovable rascal) and the arrival of Ace, I find the story itself pretty dull.
Edward Peel is excellent as Kane and Patricia Quinn underplays a role for once, but as I said not much of a fan and that's why going into Remembrance the following year I wasn't expecting all that much. How wrong I was.

37Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 28th February 2020, 11:35 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

No, I don't like Dragonfire either. It felt too traditional after two very fresh and unique tales.

38Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 28th February 2020, 11:38 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ludders wrote:When people declare that a person has no taste because someone doesn't like the same things as they do, you know they either don't understand subjectivity, or they're just sensitive, easily butthurt types.

I apologize if I caused any real offense. My online persona is just an exaggerated version of me. I do understand subjectivity and I'm not "easily butthurt." Most of my replies to you are tongue in cheek, anyway. It may surprise you, but your hatred of Season 24 doesn't bother me in the slightest. I didn't make Season 24, I have nothing to do with it, I simply like it. I'm not sitting around reaching for the bottle because someone doesn't get the same joy from watching Delta and the Bannermen as I do Wink

39Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 28th February 2020, 12:48 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'd like to enjoy the season, I'd like to be able to find something fun in Delta, but like Season 21, I can only see it all as an unnerving, depressing exhibition of inexplicable self-harming impulses (from the Lakertyans deciding to smash the Doctor's bee antidote, to Billy's spurious decision to start mutating himself, to the infamous Dragonfire cliffhanger).

40Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 28th February 2020, 2:50 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi, fair enough. Although it wasn’t you I was talking about specifically, so no apology necessary.
But re S24... hate is too strong a word. I don’t hate it in the same that I hate, say Love Island or reality tv in general; I just think it’s rubbish, which is not the same thing as hating it.

41Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) - Page 2 Empty Re: Season 24: Too Silly? (Again) 29th February 2020, 6:50 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

Season 24 is just trying to be Douglas Adams but without the original off the wall imagination & ideas so all that's left is panto.

I do have a soft spot for the Tetraps and the script for "Paradise Towers" which had it been done with Colins Doctor a la Season 22 style (as originally intended), it would've been regarded as a classic.

The rest of Season 24 is badly acted Cbeebies shite however, but at least apart from Dragonfire it doesn't feature whole army of characters babbling gibberish nonsense to each other like Cartmels pseudo-profound rubbish in Season 26.

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum