You are not connected. Please login or register

The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

+3
Pepsi Maxil
iank
Rawkuss
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Empty The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 10th September 2019, 3:34 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ TV Series In Works At Hulu From Carlton Cuse & Jason Fuchs

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-galaxy-tv-series-in-works-at-hulu-from-carlton-cuse-jason-fuchs-1202652440/

The Unreasonable Existential Horror of a Total Perception Vortex

2The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Empty Re: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 10th September 2019, 4:15 am

iank

iank

Pass.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Empty Re: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 10th September 2019, 8:52 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Puff, puff, pass.

4The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Empty Re: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 10th September 2019, 11:29 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Americans have a very bad track record when it comes to adapting eccentric British sci-fi stories.

I'll stick to the audios and the 1981 series, thanks.

5The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Empty Re: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 10th September 2019, 12:56 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I think I've always been a bit of a purist when it comes to Hitch-Hiker as the original six-part radio series (the second radio series I suppose I'd consider an optional extra). Any other adaptations I could take or leave.

The last film version somehow felt a bit tasteless to me, and largely made me feel Douglas Adams was the only one who could've made any future adaptations really work. So I hold out little hope.

6The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Empty Re: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 10th September 2019, 2:30 pm

stengos

stengos

What Tanmann said although i also liked the bbc tv adaptation of the first radio series aswell. The second radio series never quite hit the mark for me.

7The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Empty Re: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 10th September 2019, 8:01 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The second radio series was a bit of a strange beast, I think.

I consider it an optional extra as it does leave Zaphod and Trillian on a happier fate than the first series did, but it does feel less like a satisfying adventure that builds up and takes us to the right endpoint, and more like two (admittedly fun) adventures joined haphazardly together, and then tacked on with a final denouement that seems to come out of nowhere and then leaves us on an unsatisfying cliffhanger, and a feeling of being almost trolled by the writer.

It did feel like Adams was writing to a deadline here with not quite the clear idea where he was going with it as he had before. I mean he had two particular adventures in mind which he did plot well and which used the characters well, but I think the glue between them kind of eluded him, and maybe either one of the two adventures should've been saved for later in its own right.

8The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy Empty Re: The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy 10th September 2019, 8:09 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ll pass on this too, for reasons referred to by ClockworkOcean and everyone else in this thread. There’s no way it’d be successful at all.

I never actually saw the latest film version, mind.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum